1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valor No. 55 Pressure Stove

Discussion in 'Valor' started by algentry1, Oct 25, 2008.

1. algentry1 United States

This stove was given to me as a gift by a Fine English Gentleman named David Cooper. It is probably the best running silent burner I have, and it is used daily in my kitchen.

1224971247-DeeJaysValorNo55.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. mr optimus

mr optimus United Kingdom Subscriber

Hi David

Nice stove. I have have one of these Valor 55s. I whould not say it was one of the best silent burners out there though out of the British makes I whould say the Monitor brand was one of our best. With my Valor I have to nearly half fill it with fuel before I can pump any fuel in to the burner. I don't know if it is a fault with the pick up tube in the tank, made smaller and not reaching near the bottom of the tank, or was it designed so when it's used and the fuel used there's always just under half a tank of fuel so it can't over heat so easly? Is your stove the same? But never the less, I do like the Valor stoves. I have a nice Valor Pack Away also, but that doesn't need half a tank of fuel before any fuel can be pumped, but a very nice stove you have there.

3. algentry1 United States

Brian,

I've never run mine below half full, so I can't answer. I didn't mean that it's one of the best silent burners, only that it is my best running one.
    Thanks.

Best,
    Al :) :) :)

4. pyro

Interesting. I now have 2 of these 55s. One was rescued from the local tip and I seem to be dismantling it further every time I fiddle / fettle. I'll probably take the burner off soon and "dip" the tube to check the length. I agree, it goes better with a fullish tank. I'll let you know the result. I might feel an unauthorised modification coming on...........

5. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator Subscriber

I used one of those stoves for a four week camp in France about five years ago. I had it inside a big cube biscuit tin as a windbreak.
    Worked perfectly every time and I usually had an audience watching me use the stove with amazement on their faces.

6. Blue Flame

Hi Algentry
    I've also got a Valor 55 and it seems to run fine even with approx 1/4 tank of fuel. Bought off ebay and only needed to replace NRV pip to get up & running. Flame spreader is non original and marked Coleman.

7. David Shouksmith

David Shouksmith United Kingdom Subscriber

Mad dogs and Englishmen... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015