1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What model of Primus is this?

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by Joel Nich, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Joel Nich

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, referred from Be-Back-Later forums having been informed you will know the answer about this stove 8)

I'm wondering if anyone can help me identify which model of primus stove this is?

aussie_oven.jpg

There is currently one on Fleabay but the price is slowly getting a little out of control.

So a model number or name would be excellent :p

I am determined to track one down... I believe we have one in storage somewhere :roll:

Thanks in advance

Joel Nich

2. barrabruce Australia

Beyond my money too.
    But definitely a Primus!!
    Don't know which one though!!!

Ask the seller, he may find something on it.
    Bloody nice looking bit of kit though.

Barra

3. CWilkins

CWilkins Subscriber

Hello,
    That is just a great piece of enginering. Looks like a kitchen model with the color and oven. Looks to have three burners, two on top and one to control the oven. Sure hope someone can identify the maker. Damm, I thought I had everything! Now I want one of those!

I wonder if it is not a Handi stove? The pot holders on top look like that spot welded design.

Chuck

4. 111T

111T United States Subscriber

if i had a million dollars...

5. Spiritburner

Spiritburner United Kingdom Admin Subscriber

Welcome to the forum.

We've talked about these before - I'm pretty sure they originate in Australia - although in our previous thread it was thought one may have come from Germany. That aside I strongly believe these are Australian. They do use Primus burners & this one has Primus instructions with it - but for the burners - not the oven. It was pretty common for third parties to use burners from other makers.

These ovens do not feature in any Primus catalogues I know of.

I'm hoping to have mine refurbished for Newark next year - but I've said that for the last 2 years!

6. Runegutt Norway

Someone in need of a nice Norwegian family, wife and two kids, for a trade?

7. darlton

Yes, we discussed these recently here, and I exchanged emails with HandiAlbert. The concensus is that they are Australian made, using local and imported parts (as they say on the cans of fruit salad). There are differences from one to the other, depending on what the manufacturers could get at the time. Colours are green or cream, different hinges, door handle and catch. Occasionally they are seen sitting on a metal tray.
    The temp gauge is PYRON brand. Sometimes a distributor's name plate.

Like Ross, I still have to try my one.

Seller is OK, I bought a small cast iron stove from him, the type that used to be in guards vans in the days of steam locomotives. Only problem was that someone had taken a sledge hammer to the back plate and there was this big hole. But it was only for show, so I did not mind. And I have since bought another, also for show.

Fr Laurence

8. barrabruce Australia

Reply from seller says they can't find anything on it anywhere!!
    So Dalton and Handi Albert must be pretty right on the money I'd say!!
    As usual
    Cheers
    Bruce

9. darlton

And the final price was Oz dollars 470.

Buyer has a very Australian sounding name, so at least it is staying in the country.

Laurence

10. David Shouksmith

David Shouksmith United Kingdom Subscriber

I was going to say something about 'Bruce' but given the new forum rules I'll not take the risk...

But you're correct - he's in Australia and has been an eBay member for 18 months or so. I know what you mean about things staying in their country of origin and I often feel that way myself. But I treasure my Handi lantern that passed through Albert's hands on it's way to me - what a cracking bit of kit! :D

11. Doc Mark

Doc Mark United States Subscriber

Hello, David,

I'm certainly glad that things DON'T stay in their country of origin, otherwise, damned few of us would have much in the way of an interesting selection of stoves!!! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thank God for the former exporting of such fine products as our Primus, Optimus and Radius, stoves and lanterns, and also for the Handi treasures, the Brit goodies, and our American Coleman stalwarts, as well as many other wonderful things that we all like to fire up!!!! ;) 8) :D :D :D :D Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc Mark

12. David Shouksmith

David Shouksmith United Kingdom Subscriber

Absolutely! It's the rarer things like antiques, works of art etc. that I sometimes regret being lost. But I think we Brits do have a fair bit of other people's stuff squirrelled away in museums - er, game of marbles, anyone?

Which reminds me - where's that Col-Max lantern I've got just begging to be lit..? \:D/ After I've cut the lawns, of course, since today (7/7) is one of the two days of summer we're apparently going to have in dear old Blighty - the other is predicted to be 15th July - hurrah!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  13. Doc Mark

Doc Mark United States Subscriber

Hey, David,

Ahhhh, that's very different, then! Yes, I agree with what you say in that regard. Gets to be a somewhat sticky conundrum, does it not, talking about returning artifacts that were plundered by collectors? On the one hand, you want the artifacts to stay exactly where they are, and on the other, they should be returned to the places from whence they originally came. I have a strong feeling that ennui will have set in so firmly, that little will be done in regards to returning any artifacts to their countries of origin. So it goes, eh?

Have fun out mowing the lawn. Two days of Summer, only???!!!! Come for a visit right now, and we can offer you quite a bit more "Summer", than that!!! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: Take care, use sun screen, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc Mark

14. Spiritburner

Spiritburner United Kingdom Admin Subscriber

I've justed posted re this at BBL

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  15. shaneo Australia

I have one of these ovens the same as this mine has an id plate on the front of it ,mine was marketed by Shields of Williamstown, Victoria

DSC_5647.JPG

16. ROBBO55

ROBBO55 Subscriber

@shaneo
    Welcome to CCS, You have a nice clean looking stove there.
    Does it run?

17. geeves

geeves New Zealand Subscriber

Normally we ask for flame shots but scones will do

18. shaneo Australia

i have had the two top burners working not tried the bottom yet ha ha have so many other projects on the go lol