<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Valor problem

July 17 2003 at 9:21 PM
adibrook 

I just got out my Valor Minor and try to make it work again. I havn't got a flame spreader, so i made one out of a tin can bottom and a nail.

It seems to work, but the flames arn't entierly blue. Ther's still some yellow patches, and it took about 15 minuits to boil my little Trangia kettle.

Is this normal preformance for a Valor wickie, or is my home made flame spreader not working right?

Any ideas where i can get a new one?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
rik

valor flame spreader

July 17 2003, 10:47 PM 

Thats way too long to boil a tragia kettle. Try the lads at:

base-camp.co.uk

if they don't stock it or can't get it,,,,,nobody can

Rik

adibrook

update...Q for wick collectors.

July 18 2003, 10:42 PM 

Ok, i'v emailed base-camp, but they arn't open till mon (?).

I'v had more sucess with my home made flame spreader. It's still not 100%, but i am beginning to get bits of blue flame.

Can someone who owns a valor please tell me:
(A) how high is the flame spreder over the burner
and (B) what's the diameter of the flame spreader?

spiritburner

Re: update...Q for wick collectors.

July 21 2003, 12:58 PM 

adibrook

Thanks.

July 21 2003, 4:16 PM 

Thanks. Dark side? Well, i "normally" hate wicks, but i want to have at least one working. Anyway, i suppose it IS a blue flame wick...and talking of the dark side, didn't i see a few butane/propane stoves in your collection???

spiritburner

wicks & gas

July 21 2003, 11:07 PM 

Hi Adi - page on it's way via email. My collection is getting a bit dated on this site. I'm down to 2 butane stoves. I traded one recently for a litre of Coleman Fuel! I'll be selling another on ebay & I keep the old original Blueut as a doorstop out of contempt for it's part in the downfall of the traditional Primus!

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index