111 burners hard to find

Discussion in 'Stove Paraffinalia' started by IvarS, Apr 6, 2016.

1. IvarS

Been searching for single 111 burners for a while. Seem to be hard to find.

Lucky to get this from a man who have repaired 111 in the army for 30 years (!).

DSC_0296.JPG

Interesting to talk with him, they had a quite different view to stoves than most of us at CCS.

2. Rangie

Rangie Subscriber

Interesting stuff Ivar.

Can you give us a wee summary of his experiences/opinions please?

Alec.

3. IvarS

OK @Rangie - first of all he was a bit surprised; one guy (me) coming just to see parts for the 111 and talk with him about stoves. For him this was a job and they had NO passion for stoves, they just had to work OK. He had no tools left; normal procedure if something were broke or missing; they just replaced and throw the broken part. They did not care about the stove like most CCS members do...

And he was very clear; the roarer is the best for 111, he had seen lots of leaking at the silent 111T. The Arctic 111D was just a test, and they were not considered to be good burners either; just like the 111T or the burners made in Portugal (?).

I hope to se him again, but the man did not think of stoves like we do... He was not in good health but he appreciated my visit. He will look for more parts and let me know if he finds. He used to have lots of parts for the 111 (probably just thrown away as useless he said...). He offered me 5 burners (only one brand new), 5 pumps and several stoves for a good price (he wanted to give it for free, but I refused).

All in all a nice meeting. I will stop by on my next trip.

IMG_0365.JPG

4. Rangie

Rangie Subscriber

@IvarS , great to hear information/recollections from him. :thumbup:

That really does sum up the key difference between users and collectors :content:

The military in particular requires equipment to perform their intended purpose day in/day out, if they dont they are thrown away or repaired/repurposed :)

Thanks,
    Alec.

5. itchy

Good find, both burner and fellow. Interesting to hear what he says about the different burners (additional support for my bias :content:).