111 models, anyone who has control?

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Lumberjack, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Lumberjack Norway

In another thread Staffan Rønn writes something about 111 history. Is there a schematic ca year span of the different models, and some sub versons.
    This is what i beleive, im probably wrong ;)
    111 roarer, 1952-1975? ???
    111B
    111/7 1959-1980?
    111T without the vent holes in the center pipe (or was this a 111/7???)
    111T with the vent holes in the center pipe ????
    111C 1995???-2010???
    111C with bent tube for Norwegian army (111D is it named in this forum) 1995???-2010???
    Wich ones was made at the same time?

2. OMC

OMC Subscriber

Welcome Lumberjack.
    I am sorry but you were correct to say:
    " ..., im probably wrong".. yes.
    I suggest set aside your list and start anew.

It turns out a pillar in our community quietly went about providing what is probably the best detail you can find on topic.
    My heart aches that I can no longer share such findings with him, RIP Trevor.
    Click on the "Hyperlinked Index" on right of home page, he has completed the lion share of the *research for you re year ranges.

Re model ID: this 2010 thread: Which 111 have I got? is as good as it gets (as far as I know). Parramethtrol is careful with his presentation :thumbup::thumbup: example:
    " there are also a few others out there though they are thin on the ground." <-- be mindful of that as he goes on to describe: 111 alcohol, 111c artic and 111/7.

IE: for one his term "111c artic": 111c artic or 111D is not a "model" Optimus ever made. The burner shown, we have since learned, is an
    Optimus 221CNA replacement burner: (sold only to Norwegian Defense: Army):
    to repair their 111s (except 111Cs). 111s retro fitted with replacement burner 221CNA, on this site have been referred to as 111D (this began in 2008, it is not accurate to say "model" 111D, yet hard not to :oops:).
    ----------------------------

A detail-rich comprehensive accurate 111 chronology is doable and, with Trevor's spreadsheet is now much easier to start. There-in remains significant research/confirmations to get to an accurate end result.

*Subscribe? I can not imagine delving into this research without subscriber access to Optimus catalogs. Trevor's spreadsheet works with the catalogs.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  3. Lumberjack Norway

I know most of the models, i am interessted in when the different ones was made. :)

4. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

You’re a good man Mark, me too.

John