1939 Primus 25 Nickel with pressure gauge.

Discussion in 'Primus No:25' started by Matthew92, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Matthew92

Matthew92 SotM Winner Subscriber

Primus 25 stamped AD for 1939. Nickel plated, with cast trivet and filler cap with integrated pressure gauge as in the post by @Spiritburner here. Stove is in reasonable condition, the pressure gauge has been... rebuilt? :-k by a previous owner, but for the price I paid, I can't really complain.:p

IMG_3142.JPG IMG_3143.JPG IMG_3145.JPG IMG_3146.JPG IMG_3147.JPG

2. optipri

optipri Subscriber

Congratulation to an odd model, Matt. I have a lot of Primus myself but not this one.
    About the pressure meter, I am not sure it has been modified. Somewhere back in my head I imagine I have seen this style before. Maybe a factory adaption to make it fit on a stove?
    If I find any evidence for that I will reply asap.

Bo

3. Matthew92

Matthew92 SotM Winner Subscriber

Thanks Bo, @optipri I wasn't very clear with my comments above, or with my use of smilies for that matter. What I was referring to was the paint job done on the face of the gauge, the old numbered scale has been painted over with red, white and green sections. The front glass has also been replaced with a roughly cut piece of mica and the screw that holds the bezel on is completely wrong although that's not obvious from my pictures.:doh:

Unfortunately, the pot supports are also weak, as the solder joint has started to tear from the top. It could probably be repaired by some one, but I don't have the skill to do it and I wouldn't want to risk damage to the nickel.