1941 AGM

Discussion in 'Military' started by Corey Helweg, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Corey Helweg

Got a 1941 dated AGM off eBay, happy with her and hope to get her up and goin soon. I'm not sure if I've missed it or not, but I've read that the Coleman 520 had 4 legs and the AGM had 3. Mine has 3 but originally had 4 as one broke off. I'd like to find an "extra" foot if one was to become available. I'm newish to stoves and have tinkered a little with a few 1944 Coleman mil-spec lanterns for the past couple years. Lots of good info with some amazing collections on here. Thanks for any help.

IMG_9130.JPG

IMG_9129.JPG

IMG_9133.JPG

IMG_9128.JPG

IMG_9127.JPG

2. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Welcome to CCS @Corey Helweg

The example I featured HERE had a completely rotten fuel tank, which I'm sure isn't a characteristic of the marque.

IMG_5831.JPG IMG_5832.JPG

John

3. cottage hill bill

cottage hill bill Subscriber

Early versions, both Coleman and AGM had 4 legs, later 3 was a cost/speed of manufacture improvement. Many of the 4 legged ones were sent to the Office of Civil Defense (OCD) and were painted a bright green as opposed to the dark olive drab of the military versions. OCD stoves had half/canister. If your stove has a spring clip on one of the frame supports it's definitely OCD. The canister you show is the later model that came out with the M1942 stove. Are there any markings on the canister?

See this thread, last post for a look at the different containers. http://www.colemancollectorsforum.c...ploded-parts-schematic-8282520?pid=1301595898

Nice stove, enjoy!

4. Murph

Murph United States Subscriber

@cottage hill bill , problem is with Photobucket changing over from free to paid storage/hosting, many of the photos on forums and the like are gone, never to be seen again!!!!!

Murph

5. cottage hill bill

cottage hill bill Subscriber

Right you are Murph, but that's a recent thread and I posted the photos directly from my PC.