1954 Primus No:41

Discussion in 'Primus No:41' started by Spiritburner, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin SotM Winner Subscriber

Unlit.

1313791813-p1010349.jpg

1313791825-p1010348.jpg 1313791839-p1010347.jpg 1313791849-p1010346.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. nzmike

I think that's what they call an appreciating asset.....score! :thumbup: The 41's are pretty damn stylee!

3. Sparky

I think I am going to weep. :-& Nope, just gas. Nice stove, though.

4. hikin_jim

Very nice, Ross. Some day I'm coming to England, not to see the Tower or the Changing of the Guard; I'm coming just to see your collection which surely must be one of the finest.

HJ

5. BernieDawg Banned

Gosh I'm glad you got that one, Ross. If I had gotten it I'd be all stressed out about whether I should deflower it. Whew! Another moral conundrum narrowly avoided!

Thanks for sharing and big congrats! :clap:

Cheers,
    Gary

6. Knight84

Great stove Ross,

One of my favourite stoves.

Thanks

Jeff

7. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin SotM Winner Subscriber

I've had it about 10 years & had other 41's to play with fortunately. I'm now down to this one & a 'bitsa' 41 Silent so the temptation to deflower it is now greater! :twisted:

Folk are always welcome to visit 'the museum'!

8. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Howdy, Spiritburner,

VERY nice #41, Ross!! I think those stoves are, in many ways, better than the venerable and much-loved 111, and that is truly a compliment to the 111 and the 41!! Thanks for you, I am still enjoying that wonderful old 41 that came to me many years ago, and think it's a fantastic stove! It will go to the OSG with SB and me in a few weeks.

IF I had the stove you just shared with us, of course, you KNOW what I'd do: Keep it virgin, and find a good old 41 to actually use!! ;) 8) :thumbup: :D :D But, that's just me, as I do get a huge charge out of just looking at a few of the unfired stoves that I have in mhy own collection! Many other Stovies rush to deflower their new stoves, even the rare ones, like some old and hoary hermit greeting an 18 year old bride!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Not me! I like to make things last, and enjoy the sublime glow of having a few, outstanding, unfired stoves!! ;) ;) 8) :D :D Thanks for sharing this one with us, and no matter what you decide to do with it, enjoy it for many years to come!! Thanks, again, for making it possible for me to enjoy one, too, Mate!! MUCH appreciated!! 8) :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :D Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

9. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  10. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Morning, Kerophile,

Good to hear from you, George. Yes, I remember your work on that outstanding Proptimus well!! Great idea, and very well done!! Thank you for reminding me of that fun hybrid stove!! It's really amazing to see what the creative minds here at CCS can create, and one of the rewards of membership here! Thanks, again, and hope you're getting some time to fish, if the season is still open for you! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc