1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1974 Coleman 425E499

Discussion in 'Coleman No:425' started by jjv, Oct 22, 2015.

1. jjv United States

Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I was looking for a 70's Coleman camp stove to replicate the experience I had as a kid when my family went camping. Got lucky on craigslist and found this never before used model 425E499! Other then oxidation from sitting in someone's garage for 41 years and a few scratches it is basically new. It looks like all the original pamphlets are there and most of the original packaging. On the bottom it is stamped 7/74. Pretty cool.

I'm posting it to share with everyone but also I wanted to see if there is a collector out there that would be interested in it. My plan was to just use it but that will undo its "virgin" state so if this piece is of great interest to someone, let me know! I don't know if something like this is rare to find.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. scouterjan

scouterjan Canada Subscriber

very nice. Don't think I would light it

3. sa3spd

sa3spd United States Subscriber

Hi,

Nice find! I dunno if the Japanese collectors like Coleman stoves as much as they do Coleman lanterns, but an artificially high price on eBay combined with a "Will ship to Japan" notation may produce some interest.

If that doesn't work, and you'd like it to retain its virginal status, just ship it to me and I'll gladly send you a nicely used 425 in trade, complete with burned on bacon grease, which you can use without worry! ;)

Rick C

4. Krestova Jane Canada

Hello there jjv. I'm new here :) So thrilled I discovered CCS. I never knew such a site existed. Very nice Coleman. I have been searching for an unused Coleman from this era for quite while. Nostalgic reasons also. Fond memories of this time :) Are you sure you would like to sell it? I'm very interested if you are. Please send me a message. Thanks, KJ.

5. jjv United States

Thanks everyone, glad you enjoyed the pictures.

I'm going to first see if anyone wants it for a price that would make it worth my while to ship and find another one. Otherwise I would probably just end up using it. I don't really have an interest in starting a stove collection but I want to give the community a chance first if they are interested. Ebay may be an idea. Krestova, I'll shoot you a message as well.

Thanks.

6. Krestova Jane Canada

Hi jjv. Here is my find. A Coleman 421D Tourist 1965. Unfired. Made in Canada, like me.
    There is some oxidation, like me, but all and all it's in fine shape for 50 years old. A few nicks in the paint here and there, like me, but no dents. I'ma a happy camper. :content:
    I'm going to clean it up a bit...and then...then...

DSCN0552.JPG DSCN0553.JPG DSCN0552.JPG DSCN0553.JPG DSCN0556.JPG DSCN0558.jpg DSCN0559.jpg DSCN0560.JPG

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015