2012 North East (US & Eastern Canada) Stove Meet

Discussion in 'Events & Meets' started by ulysses, Apr 23, 2012.

1. ulysses

ulysses Subscriber

Salutations:

The 2012 North East (US and Eastern Canada) 6th Annual Stove Meet will be held on the weekend of the 13th, 14th and 15th of July. We will be camping again at Winhall Brook Campground in South Londonderry Vermont, one of the finest campgrounds in New England. We will be on the south side of the park this year, in sites S46 to S51, and in several of the near by lean-tos.

If you would like to join us, you will need to find a spot and reserve it on your own. There are a number of sites still available, but don't wait until the last moment. The park fills up on summer weekends. The cost is $18 per night, and I suggest that you contact the campground or go through recreation.gov to avoid reservation service fees.

Winhall Brook Campground is located about 30 miles north of Brattleboro, Vermont on Rt. 30, and about 20 miles east of Manchester, Vermont. There are a number of interesting things to do in the area, if you come with your family, but most CCS'ers don't make it far from the fettling tables...

Paul

2. Doug L

Doug L Subscriber

Hope I can make it

3. ulysses

ulysses Subscriber

Friends, Stovies, Countrymen, any anyone else who would like to come:

The 6th Annual North East US and Canada Stove Meet will be held again this year at Winhall Brook Campground in South Londonderry, Vermont.

1340057100-DSCF4158_opt.jpg

We've got about a dozen people signed up, and I think there are still sites available in the campground. If you're from New England, New York, Eastern Ontario or where ever, consider joining us for a long weekend of fettling and fun. Chuck Wilkins and I are coming up from New Jersey, and Canadian Iain comes all the way from the Toronto area. If we can make it, so can you.

Winhall Brook is located in South - Central Vermont, about 20 miles east of Manchester, Vt. and 30 miles north of Brattleboro. The campground is run by the Army Corps of Engineers, and is the nicest family campground I've ever stayed in 40 years of camping. It's located at the confluence of two mountain rivers and offers swimming, hiking, fishing and other attractions.

So even if you can just stop by for the day, come out and meet the group. Contact me if you have any questions.

Paul

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  4. Canadian Iain

Anyone who can swing by is welcome. Bringing 'toys' is not required but appreciated!!!

Iain

5. deluxe

Pretty sure I will be turning up Saturday. Will have camping equipment in the car in case I can stay, but my back probably won't respond to camping, so I may not stay overnight. It's fairly local for me anyway (from NH 03244) if I have to go home overnight.
    Will bring a couple of toys with me.

6. deluxe

Just booked site S45 for Friday night only. There seemed to be plenty of sites free when I booked. See you then, my wife's coming too.

7. ulysses

ulysses Subscriber

Deluxe:

I'm glad you'll be able to make it. There will be a number of wives and significant others attending this year. Your wife will fit right into the group.

Paul

8. CWilkins

CWilkins Subscriber

Hello !
    Anyone interested in attending this fast approaching meet please leave a post here or PM me and I will add you to the e-mail list we have going right now.

Really if you just drop by that is not a problem. We always have something going on and just showing up is encouraged if you are in the area.

Chuck

9. SMolson

SMolson Subscriber

Unfortunately I can't make it but please take lots of picts and post a couple of sets of 7 when you get back. If you're open to stove requests please bring and fire up an Optimus III Hiker C and/or an Optimus 111/7 Kero silent burner. Love to see one of those puppies in action.

Have a great time and be safe.

SM

10. Doug L

Doug L Subscriber

I have to work.Hope I can make it next year

11. Doc Mark

Doc Mark SotM Winner Subscriber

Morning, Lads,

Have a wonderful time, Mates, and be safe with all that fire and pressure! Sweet Bride and I would LOVE to join you, but alas, time and distance make it impossible this year. Maybe one day. We still need to get to Newark, too, but the same problems exist, and in even more depth. Have fun, Friends, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

12. Canadian Iain

It was a grand trip and will update tonight with pictures if possible.

Iain

13. Doug L

Doug L Subscriber

Hope you guys had a good time.I'm looking forward to going next year