Paul R. Pratt F.R.G.S. - Globetrotting Motor Cyclist

Discussion in 'Other' started by Spiritburner, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin SotM Winner Subscriber

Paul R. Pratt F.R.G.S. - Globetrotting Motor Cyclist

1426612377-Pic1.jpg

I met Paul Pratt in late 2004 when I was displaying the old stoves at a Vintage Steam Rally in Derbyshire. He told me how he'd used an Optimus 8R stove on his epic, solo 115,000 mile trip around the world on his Triumph 650cc motorcycle between 1966 & 1979.

Paul's first long ride was between 1961 & 1964 through North America, Mexico & Central America. His stove for the latter part of this trip was a Coleman 'G.I.' stove found in the garbage dump on a U.S. campground! After reattaching the pump washer Paul used the stove for 2 years before selling it for $10 at the end of the trip.

Here's some pictures below of Paul on that trip using the 'G.I.' stove. As a true Englishman he always stopped for tea at 4pm!

1426612388-Img1.gif

1426612397-Img2.gif

Paul has written over 250 articles in magazines around the world & the books 'An introduction to Overland Travel' & 'World Understanding on Two Wheels'.

He is available to give lectures illustrated with colour slides relating to his travels, adventures & experiences. These programmes are suitable for schools, colleges clubs & other institutions. They cover extensively Latin America, Japan & Korea, S.E. Asia, Indian sub-continent, Middle East & Europe. They vary in subject from World Understanding through Travel - People & Places - Customs & Cultures - to International Motor Cycling.

For further information contact Paul R. Pratt:
    paulrpratt@hotmail.com
    Tel: (UK) 01246 825036​