A defective on new Primus Omnilite Ti

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Yun¹²⁴, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Yun¹²⁴ Korea, Republic of

Hello, this is Yun who is the newbie for this web-forum. Unfortunately I'm not an English speaker so my grammars would be horrible in many cases, yet hope to be understandable...

I've MSR Whisperlite Universal, Coleman 550B peak1 year1995, Some Kovea, and several recent gas stoves, and so on.
    Recently I've purchase the Omnilite Ti and found immediately a streak-break on the welding of brass-pipe part just before the flame spreader.

You can see the video as above link which is not open in public.

So, I emailed to Primus Sweden C/S with that video & the proper invoice then Primus replied as 'okay we'll manage it, we'll send a new part for the replacement'
    I don't know they will really dispatch it to my home Korea or not, anyway up to now Primus C/S is quite well, only one problem is that they've been replying only one time per a day. (Hmmm Koreans are super fast for everything... ...!)

In fact, I don't trust EU companies' QC standard, it's really horrible anyway hope to have the properly made replacement part very soon...
    I'll post upon i've got the parcel from Sweden. thanks!

2. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

No classic Korean stoves?
    You’re probably right when they don’t keep a tight enough grip on their outsourced manufacturing in the Far East!
    Time difference and not responding to emails 24/7?

Welcome Yun, I hope CCS doesn’t disappoint also!

John

3. Yun¹²⁴ Korea, Republic of

Dear Mr. John,

Unfortunately I don't have any Korean domestic classics stove, but it is still not very hard to find so I could(maybe) purchase it in used condition with around usd100 - 150 per a stove.
    Frankly I don't know well about them... but my father and his friends they knew well about them...!

EU Companies' QC, yes, I obviously do not trust it so I was worried during the parcel is being delivered to my home in Korea, from Amazon.com usa... finally I found that defect AS Expected. what a horrible matter! If I were purchasing MSR stuffs, I would NOT worry about any Quality issue! but Primus (of course Optimus as well) that i should be worried.

Yes, the reply is too slowly coming, only one time per a day lol.

I thank you for your reply Mr. John, I was just a watcher without ID Account for this forum, and I was hoping to have conversation with you that should be big pleasure for me, now it happens here!
    And I've tons of question about several matters so hope I am to be allowed for asking about them for you and for members of this forum...

Thank you!
    B.rgds, Yun

4. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

@Yun It’s a great pleasure to speak with you. Your English is excellent.

Ask anything, any time. Folks here will be happy to reply.

Best wishes,

John

5. 907_Nick

907_Nick United States Subscriber

It is a bummer getting a defective item. Have faith in Primus though, they make good stoves and stand behind their product. I just bought a used Omnifuel that had failed pump gaskets. I emailed Primus about getting replacement O-Rings and they offered to send me a brand new pump free of charge.

It might take a while, but stay in communication with them and I believe they will do right by you.

Also, great job communicating in a second language. Your posts are quite well written. I wish I could speak 2nd languages as well as you.

6. Yun¹²⁴ Korea, Republic of

Hello 907+Nick,
    Pleasure to hear about your similar experience with Primus stuff.
    Frankly it was very nice responce from Primus (Maybe from Primus US distributor?) because as you told that stove was not a brand new. so it was great!

I've personal opinion about Ergopump's leather plunger cup, in my opinion it is too much soft then Coleman's old school leather plunger cup. the size is really tiny in order to secure its strength, however finally the strength is not significantly better than bigger plunger like Coleman's or oldschool Swedish/Deutch stoves, and pressurized lanterns. It's pity.

Of course if Primus supply another option for the plunger cup as like as msr's neoprene type, it would be wonderful.

frankly Leather cup is not always better than neoprene. somebody only prefers a Leather instead of Neoprene, especially by the followers who are following oldschool stuffs, however technically neoprene is way better in case without negative celcius degree, mean normal uses. that's why msr still supply as a neoprene plunger cup for their pump today, but msr offers alternative pump for the cold temp. circumstances.

Regarding the 2nd language, sorry in fact it's really not easy to read/understand/interpret from English articles, I just try to do... lol

A thing that I can declare clearly - Speak Korean is worldwide-Easiest matter even for the English speakers like you, only IF you are living in Korea around 3-6months, then I am sure that you will speak Korean very fluently... :-) But writing, another story...

Good day! and I'll post upon i've got further replies from Primus Sweden. thank you!
    Yun

7. Yun¹²⁴ Korea, Republic of

Updated Y2020 AUG 18TH.
    I'm pretty disappointed, still nothing happens. In fact European companies are working too much slowly even by this kind of big firm (mean Primus Sweden, A part of Fenix).
    Finally she has informed the replacement part should be dispatched to Korea by Post office WITHOUT AWB/TRK N. Can you believe it? :doh:
    Frankly speaking I was shocked and never seen any company/firm who uses Post(Even No-registered No-Trackable!!) instead of Courier...
    Of course, the Registered-post would be okay, but she didn't offer it!

So I asked her: In case the post is lost, I'll lose really so many days & it's impossible to prove I really do not receive the post.
    Furthermore, I cannot purchase even with the payment, because that brass-burner-part IS NOT the sales product:shock:...!!!

so I had proposed 2 options;
    1) Contact Primus USA distributor (because I've purchased from Primus USA) then Primus USA dispatches that part to my USA 3rd party freighter's address, in Delaware, with a tracking n.

2) Primus Sweden will dispatch to Korea through my own Courier(Fedex/TNT) account as the freight-collect. I'd like to pay the shipping cost by myself.

I really hope I am being commonsense, however frankly I don't sure Primus Sweden HQ would accept one of above...

Yun

8. Yun¹²⁴ Korea, Republic of

Final update: Last week I've got the parcel via TNT/Fedex with the replacement brass part which is not having any defective crack.
    I paid approx. eur 50 for the shipping cost but it was no problem I was willing to pay.
    In any case, Primus' suggestion, the postage without the registered/tracking n., was really strange and unacceptable, it was too unreliable matter.
    Anyway finally all solved, however frankly I won't purchase any Primus goods anymore, because I am really disappointed with this stove, especially I was mad in case the jet hole has been clogged. MSR- just shake. PRIMUS- Kill me!

*ps. I've recent primus products like Cutlery set( Alu & Stainless both) which are made in China, please do not purchase them the quality is really horrible and unacceptable to pay theirs listed price in Amazon.com
    Primus must consider hers Brand value and hers Supplying chains for the current productions.
    In fact, the clasiccal Primus goods as like as Brass stoves, Pressurized lanterns, were very fine but the recent misc. products, which are not made in EU, it's really poor quality they are. The stove itself (made in Europe, Estonia maybe?) is really good but the jet cleaning... ...!!!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020