A dilemma?!

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Spiddekagan, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Spiddekagan Sweden

Bought a Optimus 111T the other day. Payed aproximatly $25, so it was quite a find.

The box is scratched and rusty, but when I opened it up, it looks brand new. Probably unused due to the fact that that the NRV is missing (going to replace the missing part).

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

So what's the dilemma?

Well, I bought it to be able to use it, but I'm having doubts. Guess there aren't too many unused stove out there and if I fire it up, there will be one less!? Also the value will probably be reduced.

So what should I do?

Then there's a question about the windscreen. Looks like someone have been using too much force when closing and it has caused it to crack. Do anyone know where to get a replacement?

[​IMG]

2. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

HI, @Spiddekagan ,

Great deal on your 111T!! You are right in that the number of unfired 111T stoves is limited. But, since yours has both a rusty case, and a damaged windscreen, I would advise you counting your blessings in finding it, replace the NRV, and windscreen, and happily fire it up to use!! The only time a 111T brings top money, is if it's totally unfired, with a mint box, all the paperwork, tools, and bag of jets, and restrictors. A stove in the condition of yours, is meant to be used, and enjoyed, IMHO! Congrats on getting it, and have fun getting back into working order with a new NRV, and a new windscreen. Check with Basecamp, in the UK, for getting a new windscreen, or get a reproduction windscreen from Taiwan (eBay), which are made very well, actually. Take care, and God Bless!

Doc

3. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

4. Spiddekagan Sweden