Accessories for Arara 37 and Wiktorin H42

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Fahnenschmied, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Fahnenschmied

I've had an example of both of these wartime stoves for some years now, but I've never seen anything that must have come with them. In one photo of the Arara I've seen what looked like a cardboard sleeve that may have held some spares. Some seem to have a funnel like the Juwels. I've never seen a Wiktorin with anything....nor have I ever seen a set of instructions for them. My Wiktorin came with a couple of spare jets taped up in cellophane, stuck to the lid. I cannot imagine these were issued out without spare seals, jets, picks and packing, like the Juwel 33s had. But the packaging must have been fragile - perhaps a small paper envelope. Do any of you have instructions or an original spare parts set for the Arara 37 or Wiktorin H42 you could show here?

2. SveaSizzler

SveaSizzler United States Subscriber

I have an Arara 37 too, but I'm as much in the dark as you are. I have wanted to fettle it since 2016 when I got it.
    Spares appear to be non-existant. Not a lot is even still known about Arara. Not surprising since Dresden was scarred by WWII, then occupied in the Russian Zone.
    My Arara did not come with anything but the case/windscreen. No key, no gaskets, wrench, pricker, jets etc. Nothing. Inside the bottom cap was an aged sticky patch of black carbon rubber with the impression of the missing key. I guess the previous owner kept his key from rattling in his rucksack with the rubber pad.
    My stove is painted WH Olivgrun. I suspect a military provenance. There is no Adler/Waffenamt mark, but a CTR 15 engraving marks it as pre-1946. There were still a few ounces of sticky oily yellow gasoline [or something] in the tank when I got it.
    I had Gideon make a Schmel-type regulator key for it. The Svea/Optimus gasket seems to be close enough for the fuel cap. I'm building up my skills by first fettling on some Svea123s and Optimus 8R and 99, before I tackle the Arara. The tiny rolls of graphite packing for the Optimus line may work in the stuffing box -- adding more or less -- as needed.
    You may have a better chance of locating parts, knowledgeable veterans or local lore in Germany [if that's where you are]. Very few people in the USA have ever heard of an Arara stove.
    Jewell seems to have been more prolific.

3. Harder D. Soerensen

Harder D. Soerensen Denmark Subscriber

Same here - Never seen additions as mentioned above.
    Thanks to @gideon I got my Arara 37 running good with a new jet - Still looking for the missing angled key.

4. SveaSizzler

SveaSizzler United States Subscriber

How did Gideon cannibalize a new jet?

5. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

6. Fahnenschmied

Im not really looking for parts, so much as images of packaging. I did have to rebuild my Arara as it had been run with hard gaskets and had a spectacular, but temporary, death. As to keys, my Arara had one, but my Wiktorin did not. I was able to figure out it looked just like the Arara, only without the bend. So I chiseled and filed one out, with much profanity, especially hammering out the right fit on the spindle. If I knew some place that could lasercut steel Id make a batch of Juwel, Arara and Wiktorin keys...probably Svea 123s too. Anyway, somebody here once posted a small image acessory set for one of these...let me see if I can find it..

7. Fahnenschmied

8. OMC

OMC Subscriber

Fellow stovie from years ago, Artic @mg3442 is missed, he posted that image source
    It would be great to hear back from him but I've little confidence that will happen.

Answers may yet emerge, not from me, re your OP request wanting:
    "...instructions or an original spare parts set for the Arara 37 or Wiktorin H42"