1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add an Avatar & Signature

Discussion in 'Tips & Guides' started by Spiritburner, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Spiritburner

Spiritburner United Kingdom Admin Subscriber

If you are a subscriber you may add an avatar & signature to your account. This will show in the posts you make.

Click on your user name toward top right hand corner of site to display options:

Select Avatar or Signature:

For Avatar - Clicking on Avatar option brings up the Avatar Editor. Browse to an image file on your device that you wish to use - recommended at least 200 x 200 pixels & upload.

For Signature - clicking the Signature option brings up a text editor. Enter & edit your signature there. There is a limit of 200 characters over 2 lines. 2 images can be added. Please keep them small. A non-commercial link can also be added.

2. Rangie

Rangie Subscriber

@Spiritburner , I had a brief go at adding a small bitmap image to my signature.
    From what I can see it needs to be 3rd party hosting for the image, is this correct?

I'll dust off photobucket later and have another go :content:

Alec.

3. Christer Carlsson

Christer Carlsson Sweden Moderator

There's no option supplied to upload files for the signature.
    Unless it's not an image you already have posted at another place at the site. Then you can use the address it got when uploading it there.
    But the correct way is of course to use a 3rd party service.
    Oh, well... the correct way is rather to just use text.;)