Aida 100 - Now Working - Can anybody date this?

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by SKLColorado, Jan 15, 2021.

1. SKLColorado

Bought an Aida No. 100 stove recently. This is my first venture into this style of stove. I cleaned it up and made a new cap gasket and NRV gasket. With a little advice I got it up and going tonight. It burned well at first, though I think I need to clean the vaporizer tip as the flame became more one-sided after about 10 minutes. I don't have a cleaning wire and am not sure what size it requires. Anyway, I've added a couple of photos below.

There is the number 120 stamped into the bottom. Is this the date stamp similar to my Aida 1500 lantern? Those are dated WWYD, but day 0 wouldn't make sense, so that can't be correct. Anybody know how to determine how old this thing is? I'm thinking 1960's maybe??? Not a lot of available information about them.

It's got a few dents, but overall I'm quite happy with it.

Aida_100_in_light.JPG

It has what I believe to be Arabic writing on the fount opposite the AIDA NO. 100 stamp.
    Aida_100_Writing.JPG

2. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi, I believe that Aida did not date code their stoves.

Here is a link to a post with mention of 120 marks on the tank base of two Aida 100 stoves.

Aida 100 - 2 Stove Set

I have an Aida 100 stove similar to yours, and believe that my stove dates from the 1960s:

AIDA No 100 Kerosene stove *

Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

3. SKLColorado

Thanks for the information. I did see that post before I posted, but it seemed rather uncertain and the post was older so I hoped more information may have come to light. I'm okay with whatever date it might be, but people ask me and I don't have a definite answer. My Aida 1500 lantern is from 1965 and it does have a Made in Germany stamp (not West Germany). I'm not sure where else to look for more information as the people on CCF didn't know either. I've lit it up 5 or more times since yesterday just to be comfortable with it's operation and it's quiet pleasant to use.