Aida No. 100 Parts Help

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Bill Klock, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Bill Klock Canada

I could use some assistance. At $20 (Canadian) I couldn't pass up this Aida 100 with tin and spirit bottle. Unfortunately it's missing the burner, preheat cup, and (I think) the riser. When I bought it I was hoping I could use a standard Primus burner. Maybe a standard Primus burner would fit an Aida riser, but the riser is missing and I'm having trouble finding any information or source for parts. This has a larger female bung and the Primus stoves I've got are all male. I ran across an old thread that pointed to Base Camp for Aida parts, but the Base Camp I found online doesn't seem to have anything remotely like that. Thanks.
    Bill
    262837129_10158194553626646_2395533106522441060_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2021
  2. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

3. kerophile

Have a look though this thread and study the riser I used.

1926 Primus No. 100

Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

4. kerophile

5. Bill Klock Canada

Thanks. That riser appears to be exactly what I need. What am I looking for in the parts list you linked to? There's no "adapter" there and the only riser is for a 210.

6. kerophile

7. Bill Klock Canada

So it appears that the part I'm looking for is 4008. There's no 4008 in the spares list at Base Camp. Am I correct in concluding that this is made of unobtainium?

8. kerophile

Hi, by the time this parts diagram had been printed, Primus stoves were being manufactured by Optimus.

These parts are now very difficult to come by. Having a part No. means you can now contact Base Camp to see if they can perhaps supply the riser you need.

Is all else fails come back to me and I will see if I can help.

In buying your attractive AIDA stove you were effectively buying an automobile without an engine.. now comes the difficult bit...finding the burner, spirit cup and riser.

Do you have a burner you can use on this stove if a suitable riser and spirit cup are found?

Regards,
    Kerophile.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  9. Bill Klock Canada

Thank you. I've got a bunch of stoves of this type, but none have this type of bung. I had assumed (mistakenly) that I'd be able to get it working by borrowing or cannibalising parts from another stove. Even if I can't get it working, the stove, bottle, and tin were worth the $20 I paid, so it's not a loss. Yes, I've got a number of burners in my collection, so I think it's just a matter of finding a riser that will work with the other type of burners.