Aladdin M1942 "wheelie"

Discussion in 'Military' started by MrAlexxx, Dec 25, 2020.

1. MrAlexxx

MrAlexxx SotM Winner Subscriber

Christmas gift from my partner FireStarter (Linda). I did as I was told and found myself something. Funny how easy that is to do when you're not paying for it. lol Regardless, thank you very much! I promise I will continue to take you camping with me. :)

A good solid Aladdin M1942 of WW2 vintage. The large valve wheel "wheelie" version. It looked like it had been tucked away in the original cardboard box for decades before the seller took the pictures. Cardboard box is kind of cool clearly marking exactly what it contained. I wonder how long it had sat squirrelled away someplace? Valve wheel turned without too much effort and tank was fairly clean and dry. Read online that a pump from a regular more common M1942 was a direct swap so that was good. Swapped the pump from a stove that I had done the seals about a year ago and it pumped up and held pressure and could feel air blowing when the valve wheel was turned open. Tried it with fuel and pressurized it and no leaks so had to try it. Turned the valve wheel first air then fuel spit out over the burner and some into the priming cup. Lit that and watched it burn then when almost out turned the valve wheel and it sputtered along for about 30 seconds then settled down nicely and seems to burn well. I will look it over a little better in the future but so far pretty happy with it.

Alex

A.jpg B.JPG C.JPG D.JPG E.JPG F.JPG G.JPG H.jpg

2. Ian

Ian Subscriber

Very nice indeed. :)

3. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

@MrAlexxx Class, Alex - stove and partner.

John

4. MrAlexxx

MrAlexxx SotM Winner Subscriber

Thanks John. I came in under budget and mentioned that to her and told her that maybe we could throw a good back rub into the mix as well and she agreed and said yes. What's the matter with her??? I feel like I'm being set up for something? lol

Alex :)

5. Harder D. Soerensen

Harder D. Soerensen Denmark Subscriber

Awesome find my HV friend.
    (No dents in your pickup? ;-))