An unexpected bonus

Discussion in 'Primus No:25' started by Greg Jones, May 24, 2021.

1. Greg Jones

Greg Jones Subscriber

I recently acquired four stoves and some spares from Ebay, for almost no money. The description just said "four stoves", and from the photo I thought I was getting three No 5s and an unknown roarer; so I was quite pleased when one of the No 5s turned out to be a No 25.
    Admittedly it is a very well-worn No 25. The original large burner has gone, as have two of the original legs (or at least the feet are gone). The ends of the pan supports are burnt away, leaving very sharp spikes. The end of the pump tube is worn oval, but at least the tank is free from large dents.
    After a very minor fettle the stove fired up very well.
    I have cleaned off the worst of the grime, but I won't restore it any further.

IMG_20210523_133142.jpg IMG_20210523_140418.jpg IMG_20210523_172133.jpg s-l1600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2021
  2. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
    @Greg Jones

The No. 25 is not that common. Is there a date stamp (letter or letters) on the bottom of the tank?

Tony

3. Greg Jones

Greg Jones Subscriber

Hello Tony
    Stupid me; I forgot to say that the date code is AA (1936).
    I was quite excited when I first saw that it was a No 25 as I have a No 10 that has its big burner but no burner caps. Ah well, I shall keep my eyes open.