And a 1962 Model 210

Discussion in 'Primus No:210' started by BradB, Aug 9, 2018.

1. BradB

BradB United States Subscriber

My understanding is that Primus was bought by Optimus in 1962 so this 210 was surely one of the last ones made by Primus. It required a fuel cap gasket, a jet, and a flame spreader. Apparently these later years did not come with a tin, and mine did not.

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1335.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

IMG_1337.jpg

IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1343.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

2. Robert Bruce

Robert Bruce SotM Winner Subscriber

Looking good, it will be a great user, colapsable, you will need to find a suitable box for it. Good for car camping, no spilt fuel.

Cheers
    Rob

3. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

A good one.

4. Doc Mark

Doc Mark SotM Winner Subscriber

Hey, @BradB ,

Excellent Primus 210, and running nicely! Thanks for sharing it with us, and congrats on having scored it!!

I have a 1960 210 that I got from the son of the original owner, in Texas. His Dad had built a Fall-out Shelter, and he bought the Primus for emergency cooking, after the big bomb was dropped!! I have the original sales slip, and it lists the extra stuff this Gentleman ordered with his stove, including a packet of steel wire, which he planned to use to keep any clogging down. Never used it, however, and after his death, his son sold the stove to me. I'd have to look up the price I paid, but it wasn't much, considering how much it would sell for today!!

Enjoy that wonderful 210, and I'm sure it will earn your trust and your love, if it hasn't already!!!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc