And now for something completely different - camp kettle identification

Discussion in 'Valuations' started by mycuriouscornwall, Mar 19, 2020.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. mycuriouscornwall Guest

I think this is from the 1940's/50's, know it to be from G W S & Sons Scotland. It is a small wicker-handle quite plain tin kettle with unscrewing instructions. It is on a slightly more substantial and ornate copper base which does not really match. The kettle itself is a bit rusted. I know it was used in the early 1960's for pleasure camping in Wales. The spirit mechanism & ratchet oiled up nicely and what I believe to be the original lint is inside. Maybe someone could tell me how to insert a picture here .. Many ta's

2. Lennart F Sweden

Pictures are inserted by the "Upload a File" button - you may need to register to access it.
    Registering is free.

3. mycuriouscornwall Guest

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Lennart F Sweden

The design could easily be from pre-WW1.

5. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

That's a solid vessel.

6. Marc

Marc Subscriber

Right, don't put that on a cheap Chinese gassie. In addition to blasphemy, it'd probably smash the thing flat.

7. mycuriouscornwall Guest

Unfortunately, technically it's not. It has got a small hole in the side of the kettle through which you can see light. I'm looking to sell it and was dumbfounded when I happened to look at this website. Now I'm even more dumbfounded so many people around the world collect them.