Another Peak 1 question....Generator

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Sonny Dryer, May 14, 2019.

1. Sonny Dryer United States

I recently bought a Peak 1, it is the 3024 model, I guess it's the "mountaineer" model? But what I've seen the same as the Feather. Build date is 09:02. I is very clean, almost like new. When I bought it, I checked to make sure it pumped, and that the gas valve wasn't stuck. I pumped it up and listened when I turned the valve, and I could hear the air, so all seemed good. The generator nut by the valve was loose, and then I realized after looking at pictures that someone had, had it apart as they had left the pot support out before they reattached the generator. Now, my problem, I removed the generator and figured I would check the Cleaning wire and and jet while I was at it. Upon inspection I discovered that when it had been put back together, someone had broken the little needle off the end of the cleaning wire. The question is, does the cleaning wire come with the Generator? I realize after reading the Generator is very hard to even find, and since I don't need the actual Generator, I didn't know if the cleaning wire could be had.?? All in all, if I can't find the cleaning wire I'd be glad to give the Generator itself to anyone that needed one. It's just like new, so it would work for someone with a broken one. I'd also Purchase the cleaning wire from someone with a broken generator if they had one to sell. It's a shame to trash a Beautiful stove for this simple part, but it is, what it is... Any info would be appreciated...Thanks
    Regards Sonny

2. Tron

Tron Subscriber

There is no "needle at the end of the cleaning wire" as far as I know, its just the thin cleaning wire all the way. Is the wire broken/too short? When the L-shaped brass end of the wire is all the way in to the generator, the tip of the wire should just exit the generator tip.

Tron

3. Sonny Dryer United States

The wire doesn't exit the jet. It makes it very hard to actually shut down the stove, and it gets an erratic flame. I figured it worked just like other adjusters in the generators. This one definitely does not exit, when it is full inserted....
    Regards Sonny

4. Tron

Tron Subscriber

I'd try oldcolemanparts.com

You will need a new generator.

Tron

5. Ray123

Ray123 Subscriber

Are we sure Coleman no longer has these? I ordered generators for a coleman 502 and 400 from their website in the past. I guess my last order was 5-7 years ago when they had a nice website and you could add things to a cart. Now, you need to contact a customer service rep and deal with them. There are enough peak 1's in various model designations that the company could make a profit selling spare generators.

6. Tron

Tron Subscriber

7. Sonny Dryer United States

Thank you Tron, I did just that...shipping says 3-5 days, which will be perfect...
    Regards Sonny.

8. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

OCP is great to work with. :thumbup:

9. Tron

Tron Subscriber

You'r welcome, the generator is well worth it, I have/had a lot of stoves, the Coleman 3024 aka 400B is a great stove.

Kind regards
    Tron

10. Sonny Dryer United States

Thank You, and everyone else, who has helped. I really appreciate it..
    Regards Sonny

11. Sonny Dryer United States

UPDATE!! Got my New Generator last week for my Peak 1.....and it works like a Champ!!! Not a lot of control with the valve, either a nice simmer, or full on, but the flame is Great in every aspect. Just wanted to say Thank you for all the info, and suggestions, and a Big Thank you to OCP...The Generator arrived very quickly and fit perfect....Thanks again all....
    Regards Sonny