Any Information on "Henley" camp ovens??

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Doc Mark, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Greetings, All,

Well, darn it!! I've been far too busy, of late, allowing temptation to over-ride common sense, monetary means, and a lack of room for such things here at our place, and have bought FAR too many stoves!!!! Not to say that I don't love the stoves I've bought, but for goodness sake, MAN, get a-hold of yourself!! I'll be posting a thread soon about all this stuff, with photos, and there is plenty of blame to be handed out, too!!!! ;) :-$ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In any case, last night, I pulled the trigger on what looks like an older Primus #5 S.or, and the camp oven and stand that came with it. A supposed "barn find", the set definitely LOOKS the part, and needs deep cleaning, and some attention to getting things back to useable. SB and I have always enjoy the Primus #5 we already have, bought at a swap meet in Arizona for $6.50, and it works a great, and has been very reliable.

The camp oven was a sheet metal British offering called the "Henley", regd No.769781. After poring over the offerings in Paraffinalia section here at CCS, I only found two Henley ovens, one posted by @igh371 , and a lovely one posted by @NW Lady .

https://classiccampstoves.com/threads/2-british-stove-ovens.39255/

The one I bought is 12 3/4" W x 10 1/4" H x 10" D. The steel stand for the oven, is 9 1/2" tall. The Henley oven that NW Lady has is truly lovely, and from appearances, is the same model as mine, though her's is much nicer, and has a different rack mounting arrangement. Both of ours have the same regd number.

The price for this setup, offered in the UK, was maybe a tad high, but fair enough. But, the shipping to the US is..... well, shall we say, that raised the total price up a good deal! YIKES!! Photos will be posted when the set arrives, safe and sound.

Does anyone have any information on the Henley ovens? I'd like to have some good dating information, and if possible, some idea of the different models offered by that company. When did the company begin, and when did they stop producing these little camp ovens? Any and all information would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks, very much, and as always, God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

2. Metropolitantrout

Metropolitantrout SotM Winner Subscriber

Collecting is funny. Long periods of drought followed by a week of multiple listings of rare items. Ah well, take out a second mortgage on the house and buy away! :lol::lol::lol: Jerry

3. fire bug

fire bug Subscriber

Sorry but I just had to!
    [​IMG]

4. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Heym, @fire bug ,

You're going to "pay" for that one, Dude!! Here I thought someone had some good info on the oven, and instead, got a laugh out of the memory of Blazing Saddles, and "Hedley Lamar"!!! Funny, but I'll get you for this..............!!!! ;);):lol::lol:

Disappointed.... but laughing,
    Doc