Army no2 stove

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by henry8, Aug 8, 2020.

1. henry8 United Kingdom

Being my first post I'm really just looking for info at the moment. Arrived this afternoon an army no2 stove spares/ repair with more spares missing than to repair £30 post included but I'm not complaining. Pump is missing would like to know if any pump from primus or optimus would fit that would be a start. Will start by giving it a good clean and noting the parts missing of which there are many but a pump along with a seal kit will help.

Henry

2. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi @henry8 . Unfortunately the British Military No.2 stove does not accept a Primus or Optimus pump assembly.
    Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

3. Surveyor

4. henry8 United Kingdom

Hi surveyor
    That's the person I bought it from sent message if he knew where, waiting for a reply. No doubt pumps will appear next fortnight

Henry

5. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

@henry8 Welcome to CCS and good luck in your search. Tough call, I’ve not seen a pump for one of these for sale on ebay in a long time. Occasionally, at crazy prices, flame plates for the No.2 stove (the roarer burner type) are listed. I guess yours is the type in the listing Surveyor provided a link for - a No.2 (Modified) with a silent burner.

6. Surveyor

Looking at the page they may have all sorts of stove parts

7. CRAZY CRAB

CRAZY CRAB United Kingdom Subscriber

just orded one, have 2 all ready, but need some spares, have a pump, spare, so when I get this one, and get one or maybe 2 working, i could still have a spair pump,

8. henry8 United Kingdom

Presscall yes same as the one in the link except mine arrived with no pump. I did read some posts before joining and must say there is a wealth of knowledge in this forum naming of the parts for one. Similar problem burner keeps spinning but I can just tighten it with a nip and no more. So really a lot of things to do but looking fwd to it.
    A little background I missed National Service by 6 months ( giving my age away ) but i did join the T.A where I learned to drive and my first car cost £5 and it worked no MOT then those happy days now long gone.
    I do have a small lathe and milling attachment thinking maybe I could make one but mostly I just make scrap.
    Crazy crab if you do have a spare please get in touch would save me a lot of time.
    Think I will spend the day striping and cleaning.

9. CRAZY CRAB

as soon as i get my one and see what it has and has not got, will let you know

10. henry8 United Kingdom

Crazy Crab
    Just by luck I managed to by one today( last one) I did think of making one but it's beyond my skills but the fact that you offered speaks volumes many thanks. Hope you will still let us all know if one arrives.

11. CRAZY CRAB

12. henry8 United Kingdom

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-2lcaOvu1udhXJ.jpg

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-rkV5rEPaEljIdbS.jpg 4.JPG
    Sorry the first one out of focus but you have all seen a No2 before this is really as i first received it
    Could not slide it out less using a hammer after removing the paint on the runners it slides in and out a treat but will reprotect them
    The down side : Legs are missing. Heat shield missing, Pump missing (but one coming ) , Two screws that prevent the runners coming straight out missing not sure if they are metric or whit will find out later, The straps that hold the tank in One is 1/2" wide the other 5/8" wide don`t know which is correct. Major problem i might have where the burner joins the fuel pipe the olive in there a bit suspect if i don`t tighten a bit heavy the burner just spins, anyone have a cure for that i was thinking if i could coat the olive with solder maybe that would bed it in so that`s the problems i see so far some of you might see others

13. CRAZY CRAB

depending on which one I get, might be aball to do a swop or 2

14. Surveyor

I will be looking at my No2 stove this weekend but just put back together the modified stove and the band to hold the tank is about 15 mm, picture attached, hope it helps, IMG_1785.JPG

15. CRAZY CRAB

now have 3 No2s, 2 silent ones and one jet one,

have a 2 spear scews that hold legs onto sliding bit, so when you pull out cooker it dont pull all the way out, might have spare pump, if I can get it out, might have spear heat shield, with that white stuff on that get you cancer, so I was told :)

16. henry8 United Kingdom

Thanks guys
    I think the 15mm would equate 5/8" thought of making it out of brass the heat shield maybe out of copper a lot has been written about heat in the tank when operating others say it`s ok .
    CC have a pump coming

17. Surveyor

I have been having another look at your pictures the burner looks like a No2 Modified but the parts in the lid are for a No 2 stove, can you read the label above the yellow metal plate to say what the label is for

18. henry8 United Kingdom

Hope this helps DSC03579.JPG
    was covered with some sort of paint ran out of white spirit but i`m sure you will know what it is.
    Myself no nothing about these stoves just wanted on that i could repair/ restore what i think now has happened seller has just stuck pieces together and put them on ebay

19. henry8 United Kingdom

Pump just arrived 14.15 so another part of the jigsaw.

20. Surveyor

There is a line missing at the top which i suspect says No2 Modified

IMG_1786.JPG