Barthel Norma 5 with Rapid PC

Discussion in 'Norma 5' started by Lampenkueche, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Lampenkueche

Barthel Norma 5 with Rapid Pressure Cooker from the 30ths. Still Daily in Use.

1389967520-Barthel_Norma_5_Rapid__01_ccs.jpg

1389967526-Barthel_Norma_5_Rapid__02_ccs.jpg 1389967535-Barthel_Norma_5_Rapid__03_ccs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. DAVE GIBSON

DAVE GIBSON Subscriber

CCS sure brings some interesting stuff out in the open!!..for those of us deep inside the USA where is
    NRW?

3. Wim

Wim Subscriber

North Rhein Westphalen I guess, not sure, never excelled in maths at school... :roll: ;)

Very lovely pressure cooker! Love it!

Best regards,

Wim

4. Nordicthug

Nordicthug R.I.P.

Years ago I had the idea that a small pressure cooker would be a good camp utensil for hiking in the Mountains. Problem was the smallest I could find was almost as large as my '58 VW Microbus. I still think it would be a good hiking cook pot.

There's a company back east that makes and sells a small (6'X9"X3") cast alumin(i)um dutch oven. My hiking and hunting partner has one and it's a wonder. Light, and really makes cooking easy. I didn't think much of it when he showed it to me the first time, but when he baked a stuffed venison heart in it 8 miles into the moutains on the shore of an alpine lake, I was converted.

Gerry