BAT - stove versions

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by gieorgijewski, Dec 19, 2016.

1. gieorgijewski

gieorgijewski Subscriber

i'am confused - very
    checking my 1st example
    Roarer(noname), Collapsible, Riser Tube Height 25 mm, Riser Tube Diameter 14,5
    old Fuel Cap/external 13 mm
    :doh:

2. gieorgijewski

gieorgijewski Subscriber

but my burner is directly mounted to the tank
    without THIS part
    mid.jpg

meaning of that could be:
    there was two burners - 14,5 and 13 mm with different height

3. gieorgijewski

gieorgijewski Subscriber

4. ROBBO55

ROBBO55 Subscriber

More information
    On this stove the burner has a 14.5mm mounting thread and screws directly into the riser.
    The riser tube is 25mm long with an Outside Diameter of 16mm and tapped to take the 14.5 mm burner thread
    https://classiccampstoves.com/threads/bat-2-607-with-removable-pot-supports.34399/#post-352793

7.JPG

On this stove the burner assembly has an adaptor fitted below the spirit cup with a 13mm mounting thread.
    The fixed riser tube is 11mm long with an Outside Diameter of 18mm and tapped to take the 13 mm burner assembly/adaptor thread.
    https://classiccampstoves.com/threads/bat-2-607-collapsible-post-1974.34430/

6.JPG

5. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator, R.I.P. Subscriber

Curiouser and curiouser!

6. dusan

" Exist no stove with BAT logo before "
    I mean,no, while our same (GDR)BAT stove has before name PERFEKTUS .
    It's same stove,same work,many same people on work,same place,it's stolen work and name,name change,Heidersdorf/MEWA/PERFEKTUS/Ernst Haehnel STORY !

"rare early BAT No. 00 "
    It's all other, only Fledermaus (BAT) / HASAG story.Not same stoves,but only same name in different time.
    Maybe is name BAT by HASAG only for export in use,while German language was in many countries not in love.

D

7. OMC

OMC Subscriber

Dusan, Thank you and as I say I think experience you (& others) have is very helpful.

All,
    I have updates for later but for now I prefer to observe our fellow stovies engaged in this revealing ongoing
    rizer - adapter - reserve lid (tank lid)
    comparisons, discussions :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:. As said I think it is key and happy it's getting further sorted here.

Pardon this (not rizer) comment as it goes all the way back to the beginning, re: who is maker?
    Well, if I'm right, it hasn't been mentioned but is plain to see. I myself hadn't realized it til just now.
    AB Petroleumgaskocher
    IS the company / maker of many of the above examples (I hadn't heard of 'em). Like Stübgen (BAT), my impression is they were well established long before 1946-49 disruption?

That said, in search of "BAT stove" detail, I've read many accounts of the tumultuous times for German manufacturers 1938 - 49. The historical info is reliable esp. w/the many accounts and almost all are in agreement. For pressure products the culmination was a large (combined) production facilities in Bielefeld. With consensus "BAT" stoves were made there (and I'm unaware of a subsequent BAT location, will like to hear about such a move). Although in the many very thorough accounts where 20 some companies are named (old and new) and referred to. I do not recall AB Petroleumgaskocher mentioned which in hindsight is odd (or it was not part of 1946-49 disruption?).
    thx omc

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  8. gieorgijewski

gieorgijewski Subscriber

9. gieorgijewski

gieorgijewski Subscriber

lol
    "EFFEKT"
    heidersdorf2.jpg

10. OMC

OMC Subscriber

This topic focused on the brass 3 leggers (domestic & sport) is voluminous and plenty complex enough.
    Our thanks to @gieorgijewski for his consistent contributions as source for rare content.
    Although his BAT 45/2 , 1964-67 is not on-topic here, it is an excellent 60s BAT refernce example (in box w/paper). I want to add searchable text, from his 45/2 instructions, mid 60s BAT manufacturer text:
    VEB STURMLATERNENWERK BEIERFELD
    Betrieb Heidersdorf - Heidersdorf ( Erzgebirge )

credit to and thanks again to Gieorgi