Bernzomatic TX008 two burner stove

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by teckguy_58, Mar 1, 2013.

1. teckguy_58

teckguy_58 United States Subscriber

1362167731-DSC04717_opt.jpg

Hello,

I acquired a Bernz O Matic TX008 stove the other day. This stove is new never assembled or fired and it's from the early 60's. I assembled the stove in a few minutes. The instructions are very simple and easy to follow with common sense assembly, firing instructions, and common sense warnings.

I guess the people from the 60's had common sense and didn't need the extensive warnings that are required in this day and age. Also they managed not to turn themselves into human torches. I suppose due to common sense they understood, White gas, Auto fuel, butane, propane and denatured alcohol are volatile and dangerous if used improperly. How stupid people become in this push button technological period we live in today. Well I suppose I've blathered on enough about stupid people.

Back to the stove.
    This stove is well made with interesting attention to detail that isn't found today. I'm pleased to have this stove in my collection. No I haven't fired it up yet and when I do I will post some flame shots.

Cheers,
    Norman

dsc04713opt.jpg

dsc04715opt.jpg

dsc04716opt.jpg

dsc04717opt.jpg

dsc04718optt.jpg

dsc04719opt.jpg

dsc04720opt.jpg

dsc04721opt.jpg

dsc04722opt.jpg

dsc04723opt.jpg

dsc04724opt.jpg

2. fire bug

fire bug Subscriber

Very nice looking stove!

3. bajabum

bajabum R.I.P.

Looks nice!
    Err, did It come with the regulators/valves too?

4. Sirvandal

As new! Amazing :)

Regulators are in plastic at the burner?

5. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

Another variation on a gassie configuration.

Cheers, Norman.

John

6. teckguy_58

Hello,

Thanks.

The control valves are still in the original plastic bags unopened. You can see them in the last 3 pictures sitting on top of the burners.

I am truly looking forward to firing this stove.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
    Norman

7. travelstar

Wow! that's mint! I have, and use the same model, it was my parents-probably about 50 years old now. Works great still! It only has one orifice attachment, the other is gone. But I love to use it!

8. teckguy_58

@travelstar

Hi,

If you keep an eye out on the bay of evil these control valves do show up now and then.
    Bernzomatic control valves will work on almost any Bernzomatic stove.

Cheers,
    Norman

9. Elizabeth United States

Hi Norman,
    I have a Bernzomatic TX008 Porta Chef stove that I've used for years. The orifice attachments leak and I need to replace them. I saw your comment that "Bernzomatic control valves will work on any Bernzomatic stove" but would like more information on that if you can send it. It would be great to find original parts with the 90* bend because the tanks fit nicely out of the way of my cooking, but I'd be happy if I could find anything to work - including an orifice attachment for a hose to my propane cylinders.
    Thank you for your reply.
    - Charlie3ft

Attached Files:

10. teckguy_58

@Elizabeth

Hi Charlie3ft,

Finding parts for this Bernzomatic stove is almost impossible now. Your best bet is to keep looking on the eBay because sometimes you can find what you are looking for. The other option is to try and fix you control valves. The control valves can be disassembled so you can replace the O-Ring inside the control valve. If the hose is cracked and leaking you should be able to find a suitable replacement hose and reuse the fittings.
    Without pictures it is difficult to know exactly what part or parts are leaking.

Cheers,
    Norman