Biolite Campstove 2

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by presscall, Jun 15, 2018.

1. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

@snwcmpr
    Sounds promising Ken. I’ve used some cherry wood chips with the grill attachment. The grill does a great job anyway, flavour-wise, so I can’t say there was an obvious enhancement, but worth a try. Maybe other woods impart more flavour.

John

2. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

I also think I need to take a walk into my wooded 'backyard' and collect some oak branches. Dry them, cut and split them, and have them ready for testing.
    The last time I tested with pellets, the pellets were old. Very old. I think they fell apart due to moisture. The stoves, V1 & V2, got clogged up.

But, it worked well enough before it clogged up. I did use some local branches at first. I added pellets and more branches as time went on.
    Bison on Biolite. They got cooked more.
    Bison-on-BiolLite.jpg

3. orkun Turkey

Hi guys,

I need urgent help. Electronic board of my camp stove-2 has been damaged. So I need a clear pictures (taken from front and back) of electronic board so that I can replace the damaged parts with the new ones if I can only I read the numbers on the damaged parts

thanks in advance

20190404_090103.jpg

20190404_090119.jpg

4. Simes

Simes Subscriber

From a brief look, and if it was mine I'd contact Biolite directly if you haven't already done it. Several components seem to have gone and unless you have the right test equipment then recommisioning will be by luck rather than judgement.

5. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

Being in Turkey may be a problem.

Try contacting Biolite. I have found their customer service excellent.
    If no help there, post here again.

I am not sure, but there may be restrictions of export.

Ken

6. Marc

Marc Subscriber

Am I seeing it right, the ST Micro part in the second picture has a large piece missing out of it?

If so, that part almost certainly needs to be programmed with Biolite's proprietary control program. Simply replacing the part won't do any good.

Looks like Biolite is going to be the only option on this.

7. orkun Turkey

Thank you guys for your replies. I have already contacted Biolite support team but they say that they do not share specs on board components. And due to misuse not covered under warranty. All I want to know is the numbers on the damaged components on board so that I can replace them with new ones in Turkey.

8. Marc

Marc Subscriber

The STM part looks like it could possibly be PN STM32F031K6T6. Making a guess based on what is visible and part number listings. Datasheet here:

https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/cd00161566.pdf

I will restate, simply swapping out this part for another one purchased from Digikey or wherever, and swapping the other faulty parts, will not yield a functional system. These microcontrollers are computers just like your desktop or laptop or your phone. Without the right program, they're just a hunk of plastic and copper. Just like if you damaged your desktop computer with specialized programs, if all you do is replace the computer but not the specialized programs, you won't have a functional device.

Your best bet may be to buy another Biolite with a damaged case and functional electronics, and swap the electronics.

Good luck.

9. orkun Turkey

thank you so much Marc. I realy appreciate your help.

10. Marc

Marc Subscriber

Sorry to be a wet blanket! You might scout eBay for a used or damaged unit.

11. orkun Turkey

good idea. I will try that. Thanks Marc

12. orkun Turkey

By the way, if you decide to come to Turkey, let me know. I show you around