Bluet Gaz fuel cans

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by Chef BC, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Chef BC

If anyone is familiar with the history of the Gaz Bluet stoves, I have a question about the "Twist-and-Lock" type fuel cans, what series of stoves use these now? I know of the pierceable canisters and am curious to also learn when these new types were introduced. I purchased a 206 Globetrotter that has only been ignited 1x and looks nearly new but by mistake, (never ass-ume), bought the wrong gassie canister. :doh: :doh: :doh: ](*,)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. theyellowdog

You should be able to put legs on that from a lager bluet stove, I think it will still fit on the pots.

3. RonPH

One of the CG model is the Tri-Star which uses the twist n lock. There are more, including small lanterns but I can not recall the models as I do not own one :content:

Ron

4. hikin_jim

I believe a Globetrotter is a GT 106. There is an S-206, but that's a larger stove.

The GT106 used a now no-longer-produced smaller "half height" canister not the full size C206/CV206 piercable canisters that are available today.

The valved Camping gaz canisters available today are the CV270 (8 oz) and CV470 (16 oz). The Twister 270, Turbo 270, and HP 470 stoves all work with those as well as many others.

Generally, if you see a Camping Gaz stove that doesn't have a piercer, then it uses the CV270 or CV470 canisters.

There are some other canisters that Camping Gaz makes like the CV360, but those aren't widely available and look totally different. It's unlikely that you'd run into one, and even if you did it's unlikely that you'd confuse one with either the piercable type canisters or the standard Camping Gaz valved canisters.

I have a Turbo 270 and an HP 470 if you'd like to see some photos.

HJ

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  5. nzmike

Or you could sideline the burner and put a 123 in the pots instead for a truly great combo :thumbup:

I had the same problem with my 106, the whole cartridge availability thing, in the end I got a pair of 206 legs and a standard burner. The bigger cartridges are as common as dole bludgers here.

6. David Campbell Japan

An old thread, but I hope someone can answer this question. I have this bluet 206 and I thnk it was supposed to have plastic legs.

D812A978-E2AB-40FA-A17B-D2C168089B68.jpeg

I found this campinggaz cannister for a blow torch. Any idea if it will work with the Bluet 206? The clerk in the hardware store wasn’t much help.

F62B76D4-2060-44EC-A8EC-E18CD664561D.jpeg

7. Twoberth

Twoberth United Kingdom Subscriber

The Bleuet 206 had a blue plastic stand for stability, but can function without it.

The CT200 canister is listed by Coleman Japan as a 200gm size, and looks very similar to the normal C200 we get in Europe (190gms). If the CT200 is a piercable canister (either butane or butane propane mix) and fits into your stove it should work OK.

8. Wim

Wim Subscriber

Yes, that cartridge should fit your bluet, no problem. What they mean by "high power" is a mystery to me, maybe the cartridge contains a mixture of butane and propane. I have used such cartridges (but not made by CG) without any problem.

PS., forgot to mention, check the rubber seal, it should be supple, not hard! And always change cartridges in the open air, away from flames.

9. David Campbell Japan

Thanks for the information. I have never used the stove. It belonged to a Candian friend who left it in Japan when he went home. This is the first time I have seen a canister that might work. I will check the rubber seal and give it a try.

10. Twoberth

You need to unscrew the burner from the cartridge holder, and then fit and secure the cartridge in the holder. Then check the seal on the burner, close the valve and screw down the burner back into the holder to pierce and seal the cartridge.

11. David Campbell Japan

The canister worked. One more stove to use.

DBE7D0F3-8368-405F-BA00-061F218DB763.jpeg

12. Twoberth

Good result.