Borde Trio

Discussion in 'Borde' started by Metropolitantrout, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Metropolitantrout

Metropolitantrout SotM Winner Subscriber

It took me a decade and a few dollars to acquire these. The latest version came new in the box at a time when the seller had a case to sell one at a time. I've since lit it. The next model was unused and still has the string and "badge" on it. This one remains a virgin. The original with bell burner has been around the block a few times but runs fine.

I really like these little "bombs". Compact, sleek, simple and very unique. Cheers, Jerry

IMG_2375.JPG IMG_2822.JPG IMG_2824.JPG IMG_2825.JPG IMG_2826.JPG IMG_2827.JPG IMG_2830.JPG IMG_2834.JPG IMG_2837.jpg IMG_2842 2.JPG

2. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
  3. snwcmpr

snwcmpr SotM Winner Subscriber

Nice!
    Now I have to clean the drool from the keyboard.

Ken in NC

4. Doc Mark

Doc Mark SotM Winner Subscriber

Howdy, M-Trout!

WOW!! Your collection of the different styles of Borde stoves is amazing, and quite wonderful!! I've never seen any other than the regular Borde that most of us have. I have four of those, actually, and all are great little stoves, though one came with a broken cleaning/regulating needle. Never had a chance to buy any other styles of the Borde, but I love seeing your own stable of those great little stoves!!! Congratulations to you, Sir, and many thanks for sharing your great Borde collection with us!!! Well done, and much appreciated!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

P.S. Tony, I have used a Borde in the Swiss Volcano kit, and found two things: 1 - you have to enlarge the hole in the bottom of the kit, so the Borde will fit well; 2 - be VERY careful about where you use said combination!! I burned a nice round ring onto the wood of our lower landing deck, even though Sweet Bride had warned me to be careful about doing that!! I assured her that it would be OK, and well...... I was WRONG!! :oops::doh:

5. Metropolitantrout

Metropolitantrout SotM Winner Subscriber

Thanks for the comments guys!
    Tony, I've only tried my volcano set with the Borde shortly. I remember Doc's story as a warning.:thumbup: It works but I can see how things can go wrong quickly as the stove gets really hot.:shock:

https://classiccampstoves.com/threads/my-first-borde-stove.28028/

This link shows another iteration of the bomb which I suspect came out third in the phases of design. It has the same slimmer body as the original two but the same burner as the latest (more common) model. I've never seen another like it. The "shorty" version of the bomb I never really understood. How much cooking can one do with that small fuel tank???

Cheers, Jerry

6. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

Collective noun being a bordello of Bordes perhaps - bordello an Italian derivation of Old French bordel - derived from borde - wooden hut (Germanic origin).

7. janders

janders Subscriber

The Bordes (short/long) with the starburner in front of the tank fits the Volcano without any modification of the opening. At least mine does...

Edit: Why do I get a Croatian flag on my "nameplate"???

8. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator, R.I.P. Subscriber

Are you using a proxy server?

9. taku

Doc Mark brings up a good point about being careful where the stove is used. I am particularly paranoid about accidentally starting a wildfire, and would often look for rocks or some other fireproof site to set up my stoves when out hiking. I finally broke down and purchased one of these...

Snow Peak folded.jpg
    It folds out to form a 12" by 16" surface, and is made of the same fireproof material that those folks use that put out oil well fires.

Snow Peak open.jpg

That gives me enough area for the stove, a few cooking utensils, and if necessary I can drop a match on it after use (which makes it easier to see them as I clean up after stopping). This way I can stop for lunch or a snack, cook up a small meal/beverage, and when done the only evidence remaining is perhaps a footprint or two near my meal site.

Don

10. janders

janders Subscriber

@taku
    Can you provide information to help get hold of one?

11. taku

They were offered by Snow Peak here in the US. Unfortunately they have been discontinued by Japan.

Don