British Army No1 Cooker

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by Surveyor, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Surveyor

Decided that the weather was nice to have a look at the burner again, put endoscope in and as usual brain not thinking as there was the "Fuel pipe" across the base.
    Took out the plug and next idea get one of the bolts of same thread, yup not got one, had one M10, think the thread could be M12 pushed gently and no crack i was expecting if rust, it moved gently, back to original thought sludge, put about a litre of petrol in to soak over night, will give it a swirl out tomorrow before using a bit of the brake cleaning fluid.

2. Surveyor

Thought time for a quick update, work got in my way.

Still to sort the cover need to chase that up this week.

Decided to do a pressure test before dismantling any further parts. put on car pump, the tank pressure gauge works, only issue at the moment is the tap at the air inlet does not tighten just revolves, so next job to look at the parts in the manual and start dismantling this valve.

3. Surveyor

Nothing to report, as other projects taking priority Just thought as we seem to be opening up to see if any one has a picture of the instructions inside the lid?

Thanks in advance

4. CRAZY CRAB

CRAZY CRAB United States Subscriber

it will get done in the end, takes time, it has taken me 2yrs to convert me van into a camper van :)

5. Surveyor

At last 2 bits back from the sand blaster, looks good, cleaned dust off and ready for primer IMG_2545.JPG IMG_2549.JPG IMG_2551.JPG IMG_2552.JPG IMG_2545.JPG

6. Surveyor

Quick update, base and burner went to sand blaster and now back and painted, still to get the lid.

Been trying to track down a copy of the instructions inside the lid, RLC museum didn't have any but found a listing on EBay, contacted the seller who asked that I emailed him latter as he was recovering form an operation, emailed when he asked, no response found out he sold it.

Friend in a print shop couldn't enhance them so here goes my effort from the bad picture, if any one can help with the 3 sections missing would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

7. Rangie

Rangie Subscriber

My nicest one is inaccessible just now but I will take a photo of a second-best example :thumbup:

Alec.

8. Surveyor

Alec

Many thanks, reasonably happy with what I did, its just those bits, my one has some of it, going to measure the paper size and fonts next

9. Rangie

Rangie Subscriber

I'm fairly certain those are 60s-onwards labels. I have an older one which is printed paper adhered to the lid but it is in very very poor/rusty condition.
    The stick on black/silver would have been applied to freshen them up when they went through the workshops for maintenance. They are similar font-wise to the types fitted to the No.7 and No.6.

You are doing a great job, keep it up.
    Alec.

10. Surveyor

Alec
    It's white paper in mine, just need to sort the pump and air valve as in where you pump the air in first,
    I seem to recall you are looking for the stands there is a group on Facebook that has them asked for sizes a while ago but nothing