British Army No1 Cooker

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by Surveyor, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Surveyor

Decided that the weather was nice to have a look at the burner again, put endoscope in and as usual brain not thinking as there was the "Fuel pipe" across the base.
    Took out the plug and next idea get one of the bolts of same thread, yup not got one, had one M10, think the thread could be M12 pushed gently and no crack i was expecting if rust, it moved gently, back to original thought sludge, put about a litre of petrol in to soak over night, will give it a swirl out tomorrow before using a bit of the brake cleaning fluid.

2. Surveyor

Thought time for a quick update, work got in my way.

Still to sort the cover need to chase that up this week.

Decided to do a pressure test before dismantling any further parts. put on car pump, the tank pressure gauge works, only issue at the moment is the tap at the air inlet does not tighten just revolves, so next job to look at the parts in the manual and start dismantling this valve.

3. Surveyor

Nothing to report, as other projects taking priority Just thought as we seem to be opening up to see if any one has a picture of the instructions inside the lid?

Thanks in advance

4. CRAZY CRAB

CRAZY CRAB Ireland Subscriber

it will get done in the end, takes time, it has taken me 2yrs to convert me van into a camper van :)