BRS-11 (Rotoflame burner clone)

Discussion in 'China' started by Reflector, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Reflector

Denatured Alcohol Pointless Ban Land (California)
    Yonadav posted photos of his BRS-11 all the way back in 2013, I recently got one and here's some higher resolution photos of it.

The little connector cover that serves as the outer gasket is a nice little detail. I'd retrofit them onto my other Chinese stoves with the design of connector if I could find a bunch of them inexpensively.

As before with the ALOCS CS-G04PRO in my possession: I added the double layers of heat shrink in different lengths as a progressive strain relief to the fuel line. They don't come from the factory like that.
    BRS-11 in case.jpg
    BRS-11 top.jpg
    BRS-11 bottom.jpg
    BRS-11 lindal cover on.jpg
    BRS-11 lindal cover off.jpg
    BRS-11 box front.jpg BRS-11 box side.jpg BRS-11 box side 2.jpg BRS-11 box top.jpg BRS-11 soft case closed.jpg

Photos of the flame are a bit harder to capture, there's a noticeable difference in the sequence that doesn't show up as much on the camera likely due to the UV being picked up by my camera's sensor. In order: Simmer/Superlow, low, medium, high and wide open.

The reddishness coming from the igniter isn't as intense as it appears in real life and the flame is a little more translucent up until it runs at max power where the density of it is pretty high and it gets a little closer to becoming opaque. The gas flow at that point cools off the igniter a bit.
    BRS-11 simmer without yellow.jpg BRS-11 low.jpg BRS-11 medium.jpg BRS-11 high.jpg BRS-11 max.jpg

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  2. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

3. Reflector

@presscall On the BRS-11 you had, do you remember if the igniter heated up to the point of becoming glowing hot and/or induced some red to the flame at the lower valve settings? The one I had definitely had a case of that going but the one you had (pre silent cap experimentation) didn't have the glowing igniter electrode.

Shame on the melting of the chassis from experimenting but at the same time the pot supports are underwhelming in diameter and for the overall weight of the assembly. Maybe the lower part of the remains could be grafted onto a newly fabricated upper assembly if you still have it.

Edit: Looking at the photos, it seems the BRS-11 I have has additional holes drilled into the burner plate, which may or may not be why the electrode is getting hot...

4. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

A while ago, but my contemporary photo of it at its lowest setting, in THIS post, suggests not.

2D17EED4-F1FD-4A95-A611-9F3AFE4FE4C7.jpeg

Alas, already plundered for parts for other projects.

5. Reflector

It looks like there was a revision made to the burner plate design to add the additional 6 holes that point up vertically on the one I have.

It also has different flame characteristic where the flame "root" is "thicker" rather than being the thin wisp that expands outwards.

I may have to experiment with mine later by figuring out a way to plug the additional 6 holes to see how much the flame pattern changes.