Burner/jet temperature and issue between jet and burner threads (Juwel Barthel 34)

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Migwar, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Migwar Lebanon

I was wondering what would be approximately (with a 100-200 degrees margin of error per example), the temperature that the jet itself of a kerosene/benzene stove burner can reach during its burn.

On another hand how much temperature a graphite tape or other of similar function material can withstand.

I have in fact recently purchased a Juwel Barthel 34 stove, and the jet is not totally locking into the burner due to a possible damage to the threads, it continues to turn when trying to lock it (Not sure these are the burner or the jet threads), thinking of inserting some sort of tape to make it lock-in as a short term solution.

To be accurate, I've also tried inserting the graphite tape between the jet and the burner threads without a cure (The jet didn't lock and the stove didn't fire well).

I've learned that copper grease could be a solution. A friend advised to try some "Nonstick PTFE Adhesive High Temperature Resistance Tape", these would withstand up to 250 degrees celsius at max.

I am sure someone else had faced, or was involved in solving such a problem in the past.

Many thanks,
    Migwar