Cad files/3D printing for stove parts

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Jesse, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Jesse

So I have a few Enders stoves on their way to me, and I can already tell that parts are eventually going to be an issue.

I’ve purchased a few 3D printed silent burner caps from folks who most of us have read about on this forum and they have worked quite well.

I have access to CAD software and am thinking I may need to reverse engineer some parts over time (Enders 9061 burner cap for instance) and have them made though one of these online metal printing outfits.

Outside of the aftermarket burner caps we enjoy, has anyone successfully done this themselves on other stove parts? Not that I don’t want to keep it as original as possible but function edges out originality for me.

I have no plans make a business out of it, but it is an attractive solution for certain “secondary” stove parts that cannot be replicated without a dedicated machine shop, which at least personally I do not have access to. I plan that when I get to that stage and get some parts made, I’ll post the files and pictures of figment to this forum in case anyone else wants them.

2. Paul B

Paul B Subscriber

I am not in possession of a 3D printer and think I am not going to get one.
    However, I saw early on the amazing capabilities of it and have enjoyed videos of it at work. Because of my son's model hobby I have seen many pieces that are reproduced and sold although mostly defying copyright regulations.
    This said, I have thought that the piece I would most like to see copied and made is the incredible funnels that come with many Enders. I have 20 or so Enders of many types and probably only 9 or 10 funnels. It is true that not all came with one originally but it would be great to add some.

3. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

I would dearly love a proper grate for my rare Coleman 454 stove, has a different grate now that does work. Trouble is getting an original for shape/sizing.
    Duane

4. Jesse

Thanks guys. I don’t own a printing machine but there are several online shops that can do it and ship it to your door for less than $100. Here is an example of what I’m thinking for a replacement burner cap for my Enders 9061. 3mm thick. I do need to double check some things but I think it’s close. I’m going to try and get the center depression and hole spacing more realistic. It’s a work in progress.

I’m not sure how well 3D printing would work for a grate. The finish isn’t that smooth but I suppose with some elbow grease, it could be smoothed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  5. Jesse

I’ll measure my Enders funnel and see if I can get clean measurements and a cad file for it