camping stove set Wisla 22 - Poland

Discussion in 'Poland' started by gieorgijewski, Dec 11, 2014.

1. gieorgijewski

gieorgijewski Subscriber

1431009577-wisla22kart.jpg
    "new" box in higher resolutions

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. Вячеслав

3. Вячеслав

I bought the same set some 35 years ago in Belgrade, Serbia, (at that time Yugoslavia) but it's designation was "Naczynia turystyczne - Polsport Arsenal 72". Presumably, manufacturer changed the trade name from "Wisła" to "Arsenal" for trading on foreign markets?

4. gieorgijewski

gieorgijewski Subscriber

Hi
    it's news for me...
    polish "Naczynia turystyczne" - polish brand "Polsport" - maybe in Yugoslavia was any "Arsenal" brand?

5. gieorgijewski

gieorgijewski Subscriber

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Which logo do you have?

6. Вячеслав

No, definitely, there was no "Arsenal" brand – manufacturer of camping equipment in former Yugoslavia! During 70's and 80's, sporting goods stores in former Yugoslavia were crammed with gear from: Soviet Union, Poland and Czechoslovakia. Maybe a bit bulky and ungainly gear – but it still works seamlessly! I still have a pile of such gear.

This is one genuine “Polsport Bielsko-Biała” product, probably manufactured in different version for export? I can see only minor and insignificant differences, such as:

Bakelite knob on the lid of my teapot is burgundy color, while on yours is black. Teapot handles are either of different colors (white on yours teapot – black on mine). If I remember correctly my spirit burner was slightly different, but that I cannot claim with certainty, because I stepped on it by accident and broke it, about 25 years ago, and it was upon a time. Yet I clearly remember that drawstring bag for storage was in cinnamon blue color, and labeled with an inscription "Naczynia turystyczne - Polsport Arsenal 72" and recognizable "Polsport" logo on one side. On the other side of the storage bag was some kind of warning in Polish, probably referring to the risk of burns, or "do not store while hot", or something like that.

I also remember that the carton packaging was illustrated with a photo of a cheerful young couple preparing meal on the lake shore, while the sun was setting, in the vicinity of orange tent and orange “Polski Fiat” 125p. There was no English or Serbian user manual in the packaging, but only brief illustrated manual in: Polish, Russian, German, Hungarian, Czech and Slovak language. (Fortunately you do not have to be an atomic physicist to understand how “Trangia type” camping stove works!)

The bottom line is – it really is less important is it “Polsport Wisła 22” or same product with different commercial name for export, or God knows what reason. What matters is – that is one reliable, versatile, user friendly and self-contained portable stove, which I have used on numerous backpacking trips with a variety of friends, and they were always pretty impressed with it. 20170121_211611.jpg

7. gieorgijewski

gieorgijewski Subscriber

date 16 10 1982(?)
    price 1880 zł
    wisla22.jpg