Campus 5 break down

Discussion in 'Campus No:5' started by hikerduane, Aug 11, 2015.

1. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Just picked this up, fresh cap washer, new NRV, oil and massage the pump cup, prick the jet, off we go. The flame was off some, so ended up removing it to get at the inside and run some fuel thru the burner and put a dimple on the exit side of the jet, that helped with the slightly lopsided flame pattern. May need more attention as it initially had the nice, blue flame, but turned to yellowish tips after messing with it, but the flame turned blue once a lid was placed over the flame. The grate needs to have the top pieces bent some, as the back is at a slightly different height then the front. Neat flame plate, like nothing else. Really like the design on how the grate is placed on the case. I posted pics so others can see the unusual bits and pieces. Easy to remove jet, just have to remove the flame plate. Passed the hands over my head test for heat output, so it is a runner. When I removed the jet, I could see some screen material down there, did not think about that. Very unusual design, nothing like my 111's or 8's. I need to strip the paint and repaint later to black. About the size of a Optimus 11.
    Duane

Campus 5, Coleman knife 032_opt.jpg Campus 5, Coleman knife 011_opt.jpg Campus 5, Coleman knife 012_opt.jpg Campus 5, Coleman knife 013_opt.jpg Campus 5, Coleman knife 015_opt.jpg Campus 5, Coleman knife 017_opt.jpg Campus 5, Coleman knife 018_opt.jpg Campus 5, Coleman knife 026_opt.jpg Campus 5, Coleman knife 027_opt.jpg Campus 5, Coleman knife 028_opt.jpg Campus 5, Coleman knife 030_opt.jpg Campus 5, Coleman knife 031_opt.jpg
    Campus 5, Coleman knife 022_opt.jpg Campus 5, Coleman knife 019_opt.jpg

2. Rhubarb

Rhubarb Subscriber

My goodness, Duane, cool stove!

I bet they don't see many of those at Lassen Volcanic National Park, or in all of California, for that matter.

Congrats!

3. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Thank you Andy. Oops, forgot a flame shot.

Campus 5, Coleman knife 009_opt.jpg

4. Metropolitantrout

Metropolitantrout SotM Winner Subscriber

Mighty nice! With a new paint job that will be a really special stove.

One more for the wish list....[-o<

5. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

I didn't know this stove had all the neat or different features like the grate that sits on top or the flame plate that has the different legs. The valve knob has roll pins in it and the latch is of a different style and the nipple/jet is not the usual. Neat stuff. I'd read that the burner makes a different sound, but I can't tell much if any difference from other roarers. That was the only disappointment.
    Duane

6. idahostoveguy

idahostoveguy R.I.P.

I missed this one. Very cool Duane!

7. snwcmpr

snwcmpr SotM Winner Subscriber

Saweeeeeet!!!!!