Campus No.5 valuation

Discussion in 'Valuations' started by Morgan smith, May 12, 2021.

1. Morgan smith Norway

Hi guys!
    Was cleaning my mothers basement the other day, and found this Svea Campus No 5 there:)
    Seen here.

Did a little googling and found this forum.
    How much would you say this is worth?
    I saw one similiar being sold at a swedish forum this winter for about 600 USD.. Only reference I have so far.
    Im considering selling it to the right buyer. Guess it is kind of rare and it also has a sentimental feeling about it, as it was my grandfather and my fathers stove back in the days.
    It is blue, but the detailing in the paintjob makes me wonder if it actually is original colour?

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2021
  2. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

They were never blue from the ones I have or seen. If more than one person is interested, it would be worth over $500USD. If one person, half that I would say.
    Duane

3. Morgan smith Norway

Thanks! Great forum this :) Actualle made me more interested in Camp Stoves! :)

4. OMC

OMC Subscriber

Welcome !
    Sorry if translation is difficult. In link you mention sentimental connection. IF there is one stove to "keep in the family", for you that one might be it! (if you want one).
    I have what is left over of my Grandpa's doughboy artillery gear which I do not collect and will eventually sell.
    The Campus 5, for yourself & family has a sentimental attach but if no one has stove interest "maybe" you sell.
    I defer to Duane's comment re value.
    Reason I post is also re value, it also adds monetary value but the value of knowing "stove's history":
    You are familiar with the history since new. It is often said of early examples "if only the stove could talk... (the stories it could tell and of where it's been).
    For yours it is complete, known history. I cherish stoves exactly like that. Offline the seller is happy to share the story and I keep it with the stove. IE "Great Grandpa or Gandpa's stove from 19xx (name & location), issued stoves "in" wars, emergency stoves at home during war time, retired Forest Rangers, stoves that have been to mountain tops or completed momentous hikes etc. The known history of yours also adds value imo, I know I like such stoves. Sorry for drift THANK YOU for posting it.
    @Morgan smith

Last edited: May 12, 2021