Can anyone help value these stoves?

Discussion in 'Valuations' started by noise_boy, Sep 24, 2021.

1. noise_boy United Kingdom

After a clear out of a loft space at a local scout group we found the below 3 stoves. We would like them to go to a good home and potentially raise some money for the group if they are worth anything. First is a Coleman 411A, does not seem to have had much use, some of the valve parts seem a bit rusty. There is an envelope of spares (postmark 1956), look like vapouriser/atomiser tubes (not familiar with these stoves really) but they look rather rusty.

Second is a Chalwyn OMA, with instructions. Again seems very lightly used. Third is a 'vulcan' gas stove. More used, this one people in the scout group actually remember using about 15 years ago.

If anyone can shed any light that would be great. If anyone is interested they are all available in Worcester. Might be able to post the first 2 but the third one is really heavy...

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. z1ulike

z1ulike United States SotM Winner Subscriber

No idea exactly how much they're worth but I'd say not much.

Ben

3. Cookie

Cookie United States Subscriber

I see that on FB market place someone bought a 411 in better condition for $35 last year. That seems to be about the going price of a used one but that may depend on your area. In many areas a coleman suitcase stove is not worth more than $25 used but in my area people tend to want somewhere between $25-$75 for one since they are useful during a hurricane and there are many people who camp out. Often times the $75 colemans end up sitting on the owners shelf as many people won't buy them since a new or very good one is less than $50 more on average.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BuyItForLi...canadian_made_1963_coleman_411_i_just_bought/