Canadian Coleman 444

Discussion in 'Coleman No:444' started by rereid, Jul 25, 2010.

1. rereid

My latest thrift store find! A model 444. This king size 2 burner cost me 15 dollars.Fired right up on the fuel left in the tank(they all do).
    No time to restore this one completely,it is going on a five day canoe trip and will be feeding 6 scouts and leaders.
    I did derust the burner support and the tank has since been painted.
    What better way to test a stove than a corn roast!
    The seasons corn is just starting to show up.
    The model 425 I have used for a size comparison was retrieved from the scrap metal bin where I work.The humanity! Of course it started right up on the fuel already in the tank.This stove has already been on several adventures.
    One mans garbage.....

1280073952-Unicamp_013_opt.jpg 1280073967-Unicamp_015_opt.jpg 1280073990-Unicamp_016_opt.jpg 1280074015-Unicamp_018_opt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. mbechtel

There might be prettier stoves, but nothing is as dependable as a Coleman suitcase! Nice find!

3. rereid

Thank you.Nothing says "camping" or "Canada" more than a Coleman 2 burner.
    I am petitioning the Canadian government to change our national motto to "Up to light-Down to burn"

4. hoodie

Nice find, I have to agree in canada camping without the two burner is not camping. Everyone in my family camps with the 425, I used mine two weeks ago near Haliburton Ontario when we were cutting wood steamed some montreal smoked meat for our sandwhichs...

5. Knight84

Great stove Rereid! Nice fettling job!

Coleman Canada was making some find stoves. When they closed down all the old stock went to the states. Still today many collectors want the parts made in Canada. I miss Coleman Canada.

Cheers,
    Jeff

6. hoodie

There is a spot in Mississauga to get old\new parts from, I called Coleman and they sent me to a place called Warehouse Outlet. It is a small storefront in an industrial strip mall, I picked up a discontinued globe for my 92 Liesure line lantern a generator for my 576 $22.50 burner rings and cup for my 400b $4.50

7. Knight84

Thanks !!!

Welcome to the site by the way!

I will have to check that location out.

Cheers!
    Jeff

8. techie

Great find and nice pictures, rereid.

It looks roughly equivalent to the US 413G, which also has the plated shield below the burners, a nice touch. I bought a 413G today for $5. It's far worse looking than yours, but it also fired right up on the fuel in the tank.

Another source for obsolete Coleman parts is Old Coleman Parts. The forum there is a great source for Coleman info.

David

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  9. rereid

www.warehouseoutlet.ca
    I will be sure to pay a visit next time I'm in Mississauga!

10. VooDuuChild

We've NEVER camped without a 2 burner (usually a 3 burner) suit case coleman. So easy to cook for lots of people all at once and the fact that they almost always light without issue.....go Coleman. Plus, they're just buff; bang'em around, drop'em, toss'em, then cook on'em. 8)