Canadian Coleman Model 4650

Discussion in 'Other Models' started by MrAlexxx, Oct 3, 2019.

1. MrAlexxx

MrAlexxx SotM Winner Subscriber

They call it a camp stove but I'll leave it up to the masters of this domain if it belongs here. I gather its kind of an oddball Canadian thing. It's a Canadian Coleman CF fired Model 4650 BBQ. Saw it languishing on the local Craigslist for a while then decided as it was really close that I'd better go see it. It was in surprisingly good shape so you all know how that works. IT COMES HOME WITH YOU! :)

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Fuel tank tab date stamp. 1 80. January 1980, I guess? Not sure what the other number signifies.

4.JPG

Under the grilling mesh plate rests a bed of lava rock.

5.JPG

Under the lava rock cradle is the burner assembly. Both the lava rock cradle and burner assembly are easily removable, they just lift out. So easy access to everything.

6.JPG

Lighting holes on each side of the case to facilitate lighting the unit. As with most Coleman 2 burner stoves the auxiliary secondary burner has, it's own control.

7.JPG
    8.JPG

Not much to do to it other then a damp rag wipe down and I oiled the pump cup for something to do. Fuel tank was bone dry. By the looks of it someone had stored it away properly for a long time. A little bit of light surface rust on the burners but all in all not too bad of shape. Fueled and pumped up the main burner lit right up. Kind of a cool flame pattern.

9.JPG

After opening the fuel control on the second burner it was the same. It gets plenty hot. The temperature gauge on the front even still works.

10.JPG

Was itching to try it so took it out on a little camping trip. Burgers on.

11.JPG

It can grill! It's a keeper! :)

12.JPG

Alex

2. IvanN

IvanN United States Subscriber

Looks like a real grilling machine. If you can pack it it’s a camper IMHO
    Ivan

3. Doc Mark

Doc Mark SotM Winner Subscriber

@MrAlexxx ,

This is a very cool Coleman appliance, and one I've not seen before!! Looks to work perfectly, too. Burners look just right. Makes me want to grill up some tonight, too. Well done on scoring that, and thanks for sharing it here! I'll pout, just a little, when making my own burners tonight, as they will be done on a classless, regular, old BBQ, instead of a cool Coleman unit, like yours!! Well done! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

4. HunterStovie

HunterStovie United States Subscriber

@MrAlexxx ,
    That is really unique and cool.

5. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

Never seen such a one before...

6. dwarfnebula

dwarfnebula United States Subscriber

I’d heard rumors of such a beast but never seen one myself. Very cool unit, I must admit I am jealous.

7. Marc

Marc Subscriber

Quite the find!

8. pau-i-amor

pau-i-amor Subscriber

Not far my home I can get these lava rocks. Farmers are happy when you pick and collect the lava rokcs from the yards...

9. lant-ern

Thanks.