CASG #11, November 2019.

Discussion in 'Events & Meets' started by Doc Mark, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Greetings, All,

Sweet Bride and I were talking about doing some camping in a few months, and it dawned on us that we have the time for another CASG! We're hoping that others in our usual family, and maybe some new folks, might want to join us for a camp in Joshua Tree National Park, in mid-November!!

For those interested in joining us, please give me a shout. In the meantime, I'll be sending an email to our regular CASG Family, and see if we have any takers. We are going to go camping, and we hope to make that trip into a CASG. But, if the dates don't work out for others, then we'll just enjoy a fun trip, ourselves. Oh, and as an aside, we are going to plan on taking the Keys Ranch Tour whilst we're out there, and have already decided on a date for that. Again, if you wish to join us, please let me know, and I'll share the particulars. Hope to see you there, and God Bless!

Very much looking forward to some camping!
    Doc and Sweet Bride

2. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Thank you for the heads up email. Want to attend another one of these, just a bit too far, shorter daylight and so close to two other trips I made. Just back from a Bodie trip.
    Duane

3. ArchMc

ArchMc Subscriber

Count me in!

....Arch

4. Steviebear

DSC01124.JPG For those of you going to Joshua Tree National Park in the coming months and hoping to find the stove I posted at the Keys ranch, here is a photo of it with some surrounding area included to help you find it. These are the only two photos I have of the stove, but I think you should be able to find it without too much trouble. If you find it, please post some more photos and some info on it if you have it. I was really curious and almost went on the tour a second time just to see it!
    Good luck!
    Steviebear

5. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Hey, @Steviebear ,

Thanks for that additional info! I figured it would be somewhere fairly easy to find. But with your photo, it will be a "snap" (pun definitely intended)! I'll be taking my big Nikon, with some great lenses, and hope to get some detailed photos of the entire stove. We'll see if it turns out like I hope.

Regarding the upcoming Gathering, so far, we've had a fairly good response!! I hope some of the other guys and gals who live near So. Cal will also join us!! AS it stands, if everyone who has sent me an email, comes, we will have a great time, indeed!! But, as mentioned, it would be great if a few others of our new CCS folks can join us, too!! More later..... Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

6. Duck

Duck United States Subscriber

I'm going to try and make this one. Unfortunately I something's just happened in my life which may prevent me. Hopefully things will settle by then and I'll be able to make it.

7. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Howdy, @Duck ,

I hope nothing bad has happened!! Good luck in working it out, and no worries about the Stove Gathering. We'll always have another one, in a year, or so!! If you can join us, that would be great. But, if not, again, there will be more further down the line. The important thing is to take care of your family, and regular life needs!! Fingers crossed you can get past whatever has happened, and if you are in need of prayers, just let me know. We're very big on prayers for those in need! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

8. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Greetings, All,

Just a small update: I have found 5 more Gentlemen from So. Cal, or close, and have sent them invitations to our CASG #11. Also, there is a "chance" that we "might" have an overseas CCS member join us, too. Nothing firm on that, so far, but hey, any chance to see one of our CCS Mates, is a good thing!!! More later, as plans firm up. Looking good, so far! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

9. Duck

I’ll take the prayers.

10. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

[-o< .......... [-o<

11. Marc

Marc Subscriber

Good luck, sir. Best wishes for positivity in your life.

12. Duck

Thank you

13. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

Prayers going forth here.

14. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

@Duck , Dear Sir,

May God Bless you and yours during this trying time. And, may all turn out very well. Take care, and God Bless!

With all good hopes that everything turns out wonderfully!
    Doc

15. sa3spd

sa3spd United States Subscriber

Hi, Duck

You've got more of them coming. I'm one of those SoCal "gents" (Doc is so diplomatic!) who's been located and will try to spend at least a day with you guys. Hope to find you among the crowd.

Rick C

16. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

@sa3spd ,

Hey, Rick!

It's great to hear from you again, my Friend! Glad to hear that you might drop in for a visit at CASG #11, too!! I'm hoping that you, and @Duck , and many others can attend that event!! I know a great time will be had by all. Remember, our Pot Luck dinner is on Saturday, so plan to bring something to cook up, and share, if you can make it. If you only have a little time, then no worries, and we'll all be happy to feed you! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

17. StanDahl

I'll be planning on going, and staying this time instead of just a day visit. My project will be a U.S. Solus stove that is missing the grate and grate supports. I figure I can make the supports or maybe someone has some spare parts from a Euro stove for sale that will fit? I may just make a folding wind screen/grate instead. I'll also need to borrow or buy a wrench for the jet, or learn how to make one, as I did for the NRV.

Duane, I'm a little disappointed, I used to drive the 8 hours to the NorCal campouts at North Fork, it's not like you've got to get back to work right away afterwards!

18. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

John,
    I drove 12 hours to get home a couple years ago from one of these. Been too many places the last couple months. Plus I saw how far south I have to drive, not liking the larger population centers.
    Duane

19. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

Yeah Mojave Preserve is a huge metropolis. The freeways are a bear there.

20. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Good Morning, All,

I'm very happy to see more folks sign on to our CASG event! @StanDahl , No worries about tools, as I will be bringing my tool box, and have plenty of NRV tools from which you can choose one to use for your Solus. I will be bringing some fettling stuff, too, though not as much as I usually do. Seems I bring 30-40 stoves, and then end up working on only a few of them! In any case, I'll have tools to borrow, and I know you take good care of your stuff, so loaning you tools will not be a problem.

@hikerduane , I know you've been doing quite a bit of camping and traveling, so it's easy to see why you might not wish to do yet another longish drive. But, should you change your mind, you will, as always, be welcome to join us! We've not seen Repo since he was just a pup. I have a fun photo of him trying to lick Sweet Bride!! He's huge, now, from the photos you've posted of him!! I know that Clayton will be happy to see him, if the @flivver family is able to join us!!!

Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc