Coleman 2D Oven Rack Info Needed

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by dday, Feb 8, 2015.

1. dday

dday Subscriber

I recently traded a friend for a Coleman 2D stove with oven. As often the case, its missing the oven rack and I'd like to have a go at building one. I remember a post here showing the dimensions needed and where to place the hinge points, but cannot seem to find it. Does anyone have that info saved? I'd sure be appreciative if you might be able to help. Thanks in advance,
    Dan

2. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Howdy, Dan,

I can't remember if that info is filed away on my computer, but it very well SHOULD be! :lol: I'll search for it, and if found, will post it here. John Stendahl may we able to help, too, as he brought a lovely #1 to the last CASG, and kindly allowed me to photograph his rack in detail. I don't know if those photos would help you, but would happily send them to you, if they would help.

Like you, I need a couple of those folding oven racks for my early Coleman stoves. Just haven't gotten off the dime to try my hand at making them, yet! Oh, and give Flivver a shout, as he did make such a rack, a long time ago, and may we able to give you some good measurements. Good luck, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Mark

3. dday

dday Subscriber

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  4. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Hey, Dan,

WOW!! That's a wonderful report by Joe! Sweet Bride showed me how to save it in "Pages", as Word just wasn't working for such a task. Now, I most definitely have this info saved, thanks for you, and to Joe, or course!! Good man, Joe! Thanks, again, Dan, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Mark