Coleman 390.

Discussion in 'Other Models' started by MrAlexxx, Dec 2, 2020.

1. MrAlexxx

MrAlexxx SotM Winner Subscriber

Recent pick up. A Coleman 390 Auto Trailer Hotplate. Meant for cabins and trailers and such but not sure if it belongs in CCS so I will leave that up to the powers that be.

Not much information out there on it but supposedly offered around 1937. This one is missing the grate but I will endeavor to make a reasonable facsimile. I originally saw this stove maybe 3 years ago when I first started out collecting. At that time the owner had plans and a dream of using it in a cabin. Recently got a message from a friend who told me I had to have this cool stove he had seen offered online. I had completely forgotten about it but upon seeing it again realized that yes I had been there, and yes, had seen it before. The stove was now for sale. I guess her dream had died. Went to see it and it was sitting outside under a lean to exactly as it was 3 years ago. Semi exposed to the elements but still worthy of saving. Made the deal and loaded it up in a torrential downpour. Lucky me, another project. Got home and unloaded it by myself in the same torrential downpour so really not that heavy of a stove and yes, I got real wet X 2. The things we do to feed our madness. lol

I have gotten it burning quite nicely so I will post pictures and a write up of the restoration.

Alex

DSC08260 (2).JPG DSC08421 (2) - Copy.JPG DSC08258 (2).JPG

2. The Warrior

The Warrior United States Subscriber

3. Geoff Chirnside

Geoff Chirnside Subscriber

Wow that is so nice, it will be great to see it going.
    I dream about finding a stove like that.

4. Blueflame111

Blueflame111 United States Subscriber

Now that is neat

5. MrAlexxx

MrAlexxx SotM Winner Subscriber

Some flame shots. Now to work on a grill...... :)

Alex

DSC08384.JPG DSC08424.JPG DSC08390.JPG DSC08429.JPG

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  6. Harder D. Soerensen

Harder D. Soerensen Denmark Subscriber

Love those blue flames HV - nice score and ditto fettling!

I don’t know the age of that price-tag, but I am pretty sure, it was quite a bundle of money back in those days!