1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coleman 413E

Discussion in 'Coleman No:413' started by mbechtel, Jan 18, 2010.

1. mbechtel United States

1263842206-DSC00945_opt.jpg 1263842214-DSC00981_opt.jpg 1263842225-DSC00982_opt.jpg 1263842234-DSC00984_opt.jpg 1263842242-DSC00985_opt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. idahostoveguy

idahostoveguy Subscriber

Clean as a whistle, Matt! You do great work. I think I'd be embarrassed to put mine up even after a good fettle!

sam

3. mbechtel United States

Thanks Sam, but the previous owner gets the credit for this one. It was in just beautiful condition when I got it. I just filled it with fuel and pulled out a match. :)

4. sloburner

Hello, I am new. I knew of this forum for some time belonging to a teardrop forum.
    I Joined because I have several coleman Stoves, and see them all the time for $5 or so.
    I almost got the 413E today but decided not to. but it intrigued me. I never seen one that held the tank in place nor one with a towel rack (which seemed strange because of the chance of fire).
    My real question was the feet it seems to be not attached and I wondered why. do they move?? :D/

5. RonPH

Welcome to the forum sloburner, are you referring to the feet of the stove? They are attached and lock in place by a notch. If you are referring to the coleman table, someone else may give you an answer since I do not own a coleman camp table.

Ron

6. sloburner

RonPh in California
    thanks for replying. Sorry I refer to the Coleman Stove.

In all the stoves I own there is no attached feet just bumps. I had wondered if there was a purpose to the feet found in that manner. Do the extend or is it a heat thing.

Ron D. in California
    I need to do work on my other units other wise I would have bought that on, still tempting.

7. RonPH

Ron D in California, the feet raises the stove about an inch or more higher since the stove does have holes/slots at the bottom of the stove to allow air to come up from the bottom. Keeps the burner/s from uber heating the whole case.

Hope that helps.

RonPH in California

8. idahostoveguy

idahostoveguy Subscriber

Later models starting with the 413G had the dimpled feet that raised the stove the same height. I often find the older 413s without the feet/legs. I suppose it was a good design that saved from having to make them and cost less to produce. Many of the other models went through this type of design transition as well. I still like the ones with the feet, sorta gave the stove some personality, instead of just being a box.

Hope that helps,
    sam

9. bjork2

I just procured the exact same stove this weekend. My research indicates that some 413e's (probably most} have the wider aluminum handle rather than the green wire handle. The green wire handle is a holdover from the 413d and probably indicates an early model. And later 413e's had red tanks as well.