Coleman 426D 3-burner parts search

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by RustyG, Feb 10, 2019.

1. RustyG United States

Hello, I'm glad I found this forum, count on me being a regular "question asker"!
    I was given the above stove and it was in pretty good shape. After cleaning it up, I found it needed the brass part that screws into the fuel tank along with the generator tube. The interior of the generator looks good, I just need the the long tube that contains the spring and generator. Any ideas on where to pick those parts up? I've seen outrageous prices for these parts in eBay and Amazon and other websites. Anyone out there with parts to sell it trade?

2. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

Welcome to CCS.

I would suggest looking at Old Coleman Parts.
    Mike is great to work with.

I am not sure what parts you mean. Can you post photos?

Ken in NC

3. RustyG United States

Hi Ken,
    I'll try with the photos, let me try to clarify what I'm after. There's the brass part that screws directly into the fuel tank. That is one part I need. Then, the generator tube coming from that ( about 10-1/2" long) that contains the spring-like part is the second part I need. The spring--like part and long needle that fits within the spring is fine. So, the brass part with the little turn handle and tube is what I'm chasing.

4. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

5. Tron

Tron Subscriber

If the long tube you are refering to is the one in these two pictures:

P1040417.JPG P1040418.JPG

then that is the generator. A complete generator is the long tube with a jet/nozzle at the end that goes in to the stoves manifold, together with the long, thin rod inside with a pricker at the end and the spring that goes inside the generator tube with the thin rod inside it. I don not think you can buy these parts seperately, you buy the generator as a complete assembly: http://www.oldcolemanparts.com/product.php?productid=307&cat=33&page=8

It is the same generator as the later Coleman 413 (E, F and G). Part nbr. 413A5621

Kind regards
    Tron

6. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator Subscriber

You can see very large exploded diagrams of the Coleman 426D here and here.

7. johneliot

8. RustyG United States

Thank you, thank you, thank you Johnelliot! I've gotta say, this is a great forum, I'm really impressed with the quick responses I've gotten on this site! If that part is the one I need, consider it ordered! By the way, I just picked up a 425E this afternoon and tore it down. It's ready to hit with a primer and Hunter Green then clear coat. I plan to give it to my 22 year old nephew who loves to fish and camp. He has very little in the way of camping gear, and since I've retired from the California Dept of Fish and Game, I need someone to pass all this equipment to. My hunting days are over and what do ya do with a ton of outdoor equipment? Stoves, lanterns, etc.

9. ArchMc

ArchMc Subscriber

Come to the next California Stove Gathering. I'm sure we'll be planning another one soon. We're a friendly group who love the outdoors, so you'll get to camp, tell lies, and mess with stoves and lanterns with a bunch of the same ilk.

....Arch