Coleman 426D Rehab

Discussion in 'Coleman No:426' started by NthrnNYker, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Derek R.

Proper job! Well done.

2. weasel

If you are so inclined ( if its available where you are ), VHT paint will take the heat ( and very well !! ) I have used it on a few things. One of which is a stove grates. It will take the direct heat and it does not discolor.

3. NthrnNYker

SnowCamper ---- What are you calling a 'cup sprayer"......

This is the exact one I used :

1378209118-aes-507-spray-gun.jpg

I attached the sprayer to a Bostitch pancake Compressor.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  4. NthrnNYker

Thank you everyone for the kind words of encouragement. It makes the work I put into this thing a bit easier to bear. :)

Now, if those more knowledgeable than I might answer a question I have concerning these Coleman stoves...

What might be the theory behind the nomenclature Coleman uses for these stoves...meaning, what does the letter after the model number signify ?

ie: 426(B), 426(C), 426(D), 426(G)

Does it pertain to the model years, the type of fuel used, etc etc ?

5. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Greetings, NthrnNYker,

The letters after the Coleman numbers identify slight upgrades, or small changes, in the design of the 426, or whatever other Coleman stove might be numbered similarly. I have, if memory serves, four or five 426 stoves, but I'd have to check to make sure. My oldest is the original 426, with no letters after the numbers. If it would help you, I can dig them all out, and snap a few photos to post here, showing the different models, and how they may have changed over the years. Let me know, and I'll do that. Hope that helps, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc