Coleman 500 (2/47)

Discussion in 'Coleman No:500' started by MrAlexxx, Dec 14, 2017.

1. MrAlexxx

MrAlexxx Subscriber

Grabbed locally a few days ago. Been wanting another one. Way better condition than the 2/47 I had which I gave away a while back so had an excuse to make a deal on this one. Unless someone has more information from what I've read the Seafoam 500's were made exclusively in either Feb or March 1947 and Canada only?

Very solid dent free and with lots of original paint left. Most of these Seafoam oldies I've seen seem to be lacking in the original paint department. I'm thinking back in the day the paint prep and paint quality probably weren't that good. Anyways...best one I've had my hands on. Pumped up good so just swapped out the cap gasket and fired right up. Kind of a lame flame so swapped the generator out of a beater 500 I have that I knew burnt good and way better now. Put the lame flame generator into the beater 500 and fired it just for fun and it burnt good!!! Go figure?? What's up with that?? Guess I fixed them both!! :)

IMGP3770.JPG

IMGP3781.JPG

IMGP3778.JPG

IMGP3777.JPG

IMGP3774.JPG

2. OMC

OMC Subscriber

Congrats on the score !
    re Gen swap and "Guess I fixed them both... What's up with that??"

I won't even guess but I enjoyed your post, thanks.

Sea foam paint comments are interesting, I have everything to learn on that front.
    atb omc

3. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

I only have one lantern with seafoam. The 500's are great. Nice find.
    Duane

4. scouterjan

scouterjan Subscriber

Nice find Alex very nice original condition. I think you are pretty close on the dates.i will have to check mine
    Jan