coleman 505 pulled out of some old storage boxes

Discussion in 'Coleman No:505' started by Bruce Colley, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Bruce Colley Canada

i just was going through some old camping gear and pulled out this Coleman 505. Its a bit different then what i have seen posted on the net as it goes in a tin container and has the original pot handle. I was wondering if anybody can shed some light on this model with the tin container, i see lots with the soft containers. Secondly i am wanting to clean up the outside of the tin container, any suggestions to clean and protect it, I'm going to put this in the back of my Landcruiser for emergency use. it fired right up and is about as mint as mint can get.

image0 (2).jpeg image2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2021
  2. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

3. Daryl

Daryl United States SotM Winner Subscriber

Nice 505, I see it has black tipped clean/light lever which allows you to adjust flame from high to simmer. Your Peak 1 aluminum cook/storage case looks to be in good condition. Some can get blackened from fire and dirty fuel. Yours should not need much, try soap and water first. food grade cleaner for inside. Case is soft aluminum so go easy with it. Nylon pads will leave fine scratch marks. Thinking it was a separate item ordered with stove. I have case and 400 stove I got at same time. Don't know order number for case. I have several and store what ever stove fits in them.
    Storing fuel filled stove inside your cooking pot? Food police say no. One thing I might add is fuel can leak from fount and your stove will be setting in fuel and labels will come off. Daryl sunny HOT SoCal

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  4. Bruce Colley Canada

5 inches by 5 inches so yes