Coleman Apex II ready for conversion

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by montanafan, Aug 19, 2019.

1. montanafan

montanafan United States Subscriber

I recently picked up an Apex II stove without the bottle. I don't feel the need to try to track down a non-standard bottle, so I will attach a lindal valve setup to this and make it a multi-fuel with iso, propane and white gas. I am hopeful, as one of my favorites is my 400A as it has the flame adjusting second lever.

Does a converted (iso, propane) simmer down well on these stoves when converted? It is a very light stove, although a bit bulky. Good to have that nice big fire ring for simmering though.

I put the Apex II pump up on the trading post and will sell it at a very fair price to someone who has the infamous cracked pump. It is in great shape with no cracking around the brass outlet. Pics on Trading Post.

Will post pics when parts arrive for the fuel line, lindal valve conversion. Just wanted to know in advance if this stove will simmer as well as I expect.

thx, M

2. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Yes it does, but maximum output is down on the usual fuel source because of a jet that’s not optimum for gaseous fuel. Propane would give a better output than butane I expect.

In THIS post in the ‘Frankies, Mods and Hybrids’ forun I wrote of the conversion,
    750CF7FF-308E-4C2B-8F8E-926E04C48D92.jpeg

8ACAC342-497D-453E-80CB-0204B37528B4.jpeg

E221AC5E-2FB6-4C12-8FFF-D8F4AC6100FC.jpeg

John

3. montanafan

montanafan United States Subscriber

Thx for the quick reply John.